New Log Splitter...Made in USA

Natty Bumppo

5 year old buck +
Hey guys...posted a thread a few month ago asking for your input about buying a new splitter. I was considering a 3 point hitch splitter, a kinetic splitter like the Super Splitter, or just a standard hydraulic splitter. I decided t go with a hydraulic splitter. Could have gone with a foreign built Home Cheapo special, but after much research I decided to buy American. Cost me twice what I could have gotten a very nice Ariens for, but I wanted to buy something made in the US. Narrowed it down to Timberwolf or American...ended up going with an American splitter made just 5 hours away on Rochester, NY. BEAUTIFUL machine! The workmanship is just brilliant. I called the company and spoke with the owner directly 2 weeks ago to place the order..they delivered it on Saturday. 4 way wedge, table grate, narrow profile, and big wheels. Definitely painful on the wallet, but no regrets. It will last me my lifetime, just had to get past the initial sticker shock. It's so pretty I hate to use it!

IMG_2842_zpsztnrlxjy.jpg

IMG_2843_zps6csfnbuz.jpg

I've got a lead on a log splitter that was owned by a family member who recently passed. I hope it looks like yours! But I'm sure it doesn't. When I asked for a little bit of information about it all I was told was that it was gas and that they use brake fluid in it. A quick internet search and I found out that brake fluid is NOT considered a substitute for hydraulic fluid in log splitters.

Congrats on your new toy. BUY AMERICAN!!!!!

And here I was thinking I was going to see a picture of a strapping young Natty Jr. with an 8 lb splitting maul and some wedges in his hands.

And here I was thinking I was going to see a picture of a strapping young Natty Jr. with an 8 lb splitting maul and some wedges in his hands.

That's funny right there! He just turned 6. Got a few more more years.

Great looking machine, Natty. Lots of warm winters from that thing !! Way to go on the buy American. We should all do the " Buy American " thing.

Looks nice. I hopt it works ass good as the one I had once.

I had one some 20+ years ago. The frame was a tube and it held the oil. I was cutting/splitting mostly piss elm at that time. It was a beast, I never ran into anything it wouldn't split.

Nice looking splitter. I thought Aliens were built in Billion, WI.

Oops, l meant Ariens! Not aliens...

Today my 8 year old asked me; "why is nothing I have made in America?"

We had a nice talk about it. It's pretty sad what has happened to this country's manufacturing economy.

Great looking machine, Natty. Lots of warm winters from that thing !! Way to go on the buy American. We should all do the " Buy American " thing.

Thanks Bowsnbucks. I figure 4 nice warm winters before this thing pays for itself.

I think you're right about Ariens. The reviews for Ariens seemed to be decent. I was looking for some features that Ariens didn't offer.

Using the local power company's figures for an avg. winter, and what the rates for electricity and gas have been over the past 30 years - I figure we have saved about $40,000 by burning wood for the bulk of our winter heat. My supply of hardwood is either free or $15 for a firewood permit on state land. My sons and I do the cutting / splitting. The savings paid for some college expenses and we enjoy doing it !! There's worse things to be doing than being in the woods with your sons making firewood in the fresh air. :)

Nice splitter. Is that a Kawasaki engine on it?

Using the local power company's figures for an avg. winter, and what the rates for electricity and gas have been over the past 30 years - I figure we have saved about $40,000 by burning wood for the bulk of our winter heat. My supply of hardwood is either free or $15 for a firewood permit on state land. My sons and I do the cutting / splitting. The savings paid for some college expenses and we enjoy doing it !! There's worse things to be doing than being in the woods with your sons making firewood in the fresh air. :)
Nice splitter. Is that a Kawasaki engine on it?

You can order it with a Briggs and Stratton or a Honda. I went with the Honda.