All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Neighbor

wildfire

5 year old buck +
Checked cameras today, one over a mineral lick, had the card removed.

Total BS! I can't believe these dbags!

Hang another cam high and hidden to catch them. Then PROSCUTE for trespassing.

They have been visited by local game warden. Issued unregistered deer, trespassing. When my son talked to them, was told good luck to keep people off our property.

Hinge the property line.

After doing a little myself this season so far, I cannot believe how much of a mess you can make with a small area of trees.

Why would they take the card and not the camera as well?

Sure you didn't forget to put the card in jerry? I have done it before.

Hinge the property line.

After doing a little myself this season so far, I cannot believe how much of a mess you can make with a small area of trees.

Not only does it slow them down, but deer love it! I have so many beds on the inside of Shrub Henge, it's nuts...

Why would they take the card and not the camera as well?

Sure you didn't forget to put the card in jerry? I have done it before.

That's the M.O. around me too. Take the card, leave the cam.

I'm thinking that if you get proof they were there, and you have missing property, you can get a search warrant and cams have serial numbers. That's my hunch anyway. It's also harder to hide the camera if you get busted with it on the premises.

Call your legislator. Make the risk reward change sides.

Or drag a trail of $100 bills onto your piece and kill them as they leave their parcel.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have an old service road that sees a trespasser or two every year, we dropped a tree over it, they dragged it out of the way, strung a piece of barbed wire across it with a sign, they took the wire and sign. I have posts set and a gate will go in this fall. My plan is to put a good cam up high and hidden, with a dummy cam in an obvious spot. I'm hoping they steal the dummy cam for added legal charges, plus when they open it it's going to be full of feces. Haven't decided who's yet.

Somewhat related story. My brother got permission to hunt a piece with the stipulation that he couldn't hunt until the other guy with permission was tagged out. He went over there during the season and was allowed to hunt as the other guy had shot a buck and gone home, but apparently he had also hit a buck he couldn't find. My brother finds a dead buck and a trail camera pointing directly at it. After talking about it we decide previous hunter must have ground checked his 125" 8 pointer and decided to keep hunting, then put his cam on the carcass. My brother went back, snuck the card out, and we checked it at camp. In the dark, the buck wanders into the frame, you can see the gut shot, and beds down in front of the camera to die. No other pictures with a hunter in it. Astronomical odds but that buck chose to die right in front of the camera. He took the card and returned it, never touched the buck.

Or drag a trail of $100 bills onto your piece and kill them as they leave their parcel.

No, no, no, no....

Get a big ass animatronic buck and shoot them when they take the bait - now you're defending yourself! ;)

Not the first card taken out.

Nothing worse than a cotton pickN thief! I've had cams, cards, stands all stolen over the years. Never gets easier. One day would love to catch somone in the act:mad:

• I use Moultrie BF-8 cameras, if you do not put an sd card in, the screen in the camera says CArd, if you miss CArd when you close the camera , a Flashing red light will not appear. The red flashing light is the way to check if everything is working correctly.

Checked cameras today, had the card removed.

Same thing for me today. Drove out to see tire tracks through the middle of my food plot. I checked the camera and sd card was missing. Almost dead center of the 80 acres so they know they shouldn't have been there.

That's why my cams have bear boxes

I will not ever use lock boxes for cams. I cant ever imagine things getting that out of control.

The steel bear boxes don't always work either. I had a Cuddeback in a bear box that was chained to a tree and some dirtballs drove a truck through my field and used a boltcutter to steal everything. Now I just hang the camera without a lock and hope for the best.

Call your legislator. Make the risk reward change sides.

Cecil is that you?