Need a new grunt call

JFK52

5 year old buck +
I found my old grunt call on the bottom of my hunting knapsack. Wear and tear got the better of it. It does not sound like a grunt call, rather like a greasy fart!
I need a new grunt call and I need it soon. I would prefer to get a call that is in stock and can be shipped as soon as it is purchased.
I am open to all suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Learn to grunt yourself using your voice. It took me some practice, and I’m not great, but I feel like I sound better than my grunt calls. I practice when I’m in the car by myself. Can’t wait to try it out on some deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.vectorcalls.com/page3.html

You won't be sorry. I ordered a second, and one for my hunting buddies after blowing it. The last 3 bucks I've killed were brought right to me with it. A great hand made wood call, with a unique sound.

I don't think I can make a grunt call with only my mouth. That is why I am looking for a model that has been made. I emailed the vector calls owner and he has none in stock. He could put me on a waiting list and send me one when it is finished. Since my use of a grunt call will start in the next two weeks, that is just not an option.
Thanks for the heads up on the vector call. I might have to get one later on for next season.

I fell for the infomercial and bought an illusion. I like the sound of it and the ability to create different tones in one call. It does work. Cons. I've had it lock up on me a time or two in real cold weather. Slide the bar up and down and it was corrected. Now I just slide the bar up and down before I make my first notes. I have an old plastic call I've had for 30 years, it works. I have a wooden one I made, it works. I have a poly one I got as a gift, it works too.

Just get a good one Hooks Custom Calls. Order early before they are all gone.

I have a Primos Buck Roar. I really like it and they're only 12 or 13 dollars at Rural King.

I had no clue wooden deer calls were made. Wonder if Glynn Scobey made any before he passed.

I've got a Scobey metal reed duck call I'll never part with. Ducks in Canada can hear me calling from NJ.

I ordered a Hooks Messenger grunt call via fleabay. It cost me $26.14 shipped. I should have it in time for my plans to hunt the rut later this month and in November. I like the fact that it is a wooden call. Now to learn how to vocalize with it.

I ordered a Hooks Messenger grunt call via fleabay. It cost me $26.14 shipped. I should have it in time for my plans to hunt the rut later this month and in November. I like the fact that it is a wooden call. Now to learn how to vocalize with it.

Check out the GrowingDeer blog.. Grant did a fb live session with James from Hooks..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I work with Cody Harrison. His dad (James) and grandfather make the messenger grunt calls for hooks. They are real good down to earth working class people. Cody and James won world champion turkey calling comp this yr in the team category. You talk about impressive. Anyway I really like my messenger call. It has worked well for me. Sometimes wish I could make it a touch louder though. I really like the primos buck roar for that.

Learn to grunt yourself using your voice. It took me some practice, and I’m not great, but I feel like I sound better than my grunt calls. I practice when I’m in the car by myself. Can’t wait to try it out on some deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do it all the time, it works. Called in a young buck this weekend that was feeding 90 yards away from me in a food plot. And I never have to fumble around for a call when I need it.