All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Neat site for monitoring your property

TMIL

5 year old buck +
Hey guys, I thought some of you might be interested in this site I stumbled upon a little while back. It is called FarmLogs.com. I initially went there because they said they had soil type info. Well, they don't have anything more than your County Soil Report or any other source you might use. What I found that they do have is a rainfall amount monitor. When it rains on my property, I get an email like this:

I do not know for sure how accurate they are because I don't monitor the rainfall myself, but I think this would be handy for some of you guys, especially those who live far from their property.

I started to used this last year. For me it is very accurate.

I started using it last year also, nice to get the rainfall alerts.

Any cost to this service or is it totally free?

It's free and pretty accurate. I don't use a rain guage anymore

Man I have been looking for something like this TKS!!!!

I set up my account this morning. Thanks for the heads up.

I set up my account this morning. Thanks for the heads up.

Ditto... Looks like it will work pretty slick.

I started to used this last year. For me it is very accurate.
Same here, I stared using it last year and it seems to be pretty accurate.

Mine was off yesterday also...but in the apps defense even the radar i looked at did not show the rain that fell. I did notice that the rainfall record does not keep for 24 hrs as it says....not by calendar day or any 24 hr period that i can figure out. I need to check my settings i guess

I signed up. I liked the recent sat pics, every useable ag field is outlined including ditches, parts that are not ag land. Nice site, thx,

I am not understanding the updated sat pics. It just looks like a blury mess to me.

Cool stuff. I signed up, hope to like it.

I think the updated satellite pic is a color analysis of your crops as they grow monthly that would in theory alert the farmer if they detected something wrong like a disease in his corn he had missed.

Just set up my account..it was off by 1.8" of rainfall yesterday, but we did have some rather unusual rains in the area yesterday.
Off about the same for me. It is still nice to know my trees got some water.

Just set up my account..it was off by 1.8" of rainfall yesterday, but we did have some rather unusual rains in the area yesterday.
U gotta get rid of the rain gauge and the app will b on

I signed up about two weeks ago. I like this site......and the notices they send have been spot-on for me.

I also signed up for farmlogs a couple weeks back -- pretty darn accurate.

Thanks for this tip

Been using this for a couple weeks now. Pretty cool to get an email when it rains.

I got an eamil that I had rain at all 5 foodplots. Then went tot he link and each foodplot was listed as no rain. I can see one foodplot from my house and we had about 1 inch of rain...

I got an eamil that I had rain at all 5 foodplots. Then went tot he link and each foodplot was listed as no rain. I can see one foodplot from my house and we had about 1 inch of rain...
It does that sometimes, not sure if it's because to much time has lapsed or what.