Mycorrhizal fungi...anyone applied it?

Tap

5 year old buck +
I wasn't sure whether to put this in this section or the food plot section.
I just learned of mycorrhizal fungi and it's importance to plants. I'm not sure what the truth is about it...has it been all but eliminated on extensively tilled soils? Or is it still naturally occurring pretty much everywhere?
Have any of you guys treated transplant roots with it and have you noticed any improvement in root structure?
I also thought about applying it to an acre field for sunflowers but they recommend 10 pounds per acre which costs $329 at one dealer...not sure I'm willing to spend that. This stuff is supposed to stay alive in soil (that isn't abused) for many years...worth $329 an acre? Not sure about that.
This is just one of several YouTube videos on the subject.
Back to Our Roots - Mycorrhizal Applications - YouTube

I've never applied it, but is soil life (both fungal and bacterial) are one of the reasons I've gone to throw-n-mow on all my plots. One of my goals is to promote the life under the surface to help with all the things associated with plants.

Reactions: Tap
From the web:

Mycorrhizae are symbiotic relationships that form between fungi and plants. The fungi colonize the root system of a host plant, providing increased water and nutrient absorption capabilities while the plant provides the fungus with carbohydrates formed from photosynthesis.

From my experience it is a bigger deal with trees, some trees will only grow so big without their mycorrhizae with certain fungus as the fungus helps the tree obtain certain nutrients. My guess is that for food plots you would be better off spreading manure.

One notable mycorrhizae relationship is the Morel fungus. The fungus and elm tree grows for years helping each other obtain nutrients. When the elm dies the fungus sends up the Morel mushrooms to reproduce before it too dies.

From the web:

Mycorrhizae are symbiotic relationships that form between fungi and plants. The fungi colonize the root system of a host plant, providing increased water and nutrient absorption capabilities while the plant provides the fungus with carbohydrates formed from photosynthesis.

From my experience it is a bigger deal with trees, some trees will only grow so big without their mycorrhizae with certain fungus as the fungus helps the tree obtain certain nutrients. My guess is that for food plots you would be better off spreading manure.

One notable mycorrhizae relationship is the Morel fungus. The fungus and elm tree grows for years helping each other obtain nutrients. When the elm dies the fungus sends up the Morel mushrooms to reproduce before it too dies.
One site said that sunflowers benefitted well from mycorrhizal fungi.
The video I attached has a farmer touting the stuff for alfalfa.
Another site said brassica do not do better with MF.

SW Pa