My first sign of spring!

chummer

5 year old buck +
Poor bastards aren't going to be finding worms anytime soon. Looks like another 2 weeks of cold. image.jpg

I had sandhill crane flocks flying North yesterday and the male red-wing black birds are calling here.

I was outside most of the day yesterday and it was non stop migration.

Saw another sign today. Daffodils are popping up at my place
dafodil resized.jpg

While I was out yesterday I heard the "spring peepers" - not sure the official name for them but the frogs are singing their tunes in the standing water and saw a honey bee - stupid dog was trying to catch it - duh!

Here in NH there's two sure signs of spring. The peepers and the smell of fresh manure in the fields. Unfortunately I've still got a 12-18" of snow in my yard so it's probably going to be another month anyways. The weird thing is we've had robins in my area all winter. They usually don't show until there's seeps and bare lawns opened up. Not sure what they're eating except I saw them flocking on some shrubs and trees with small berries.
I saw the same thing about 2 weeks ago. Robins were here in full force but there wasn't any bare ground...first I've ever seen that. And like you said they were concentrated around shrubs with berries.

I had sandhill crane flocks flying North yesterday and the male red-wing black birds are calling here.
When I see and hear the red wings I know spring is here!

I was out in the yard yesterday after work with my girls (70+ degrees) - bare feet, shorts and no shirt - yep, they are scared for life! Good thing I live in the country - someone would have filed a complaint!