Mulberry trees

huntall

5 year old buck +
I had some young red mulberry sprouts come up around one of the mulberry trees that was already hear before we moved to the property. I was able to dig most of the roots up and plant 3 two foot tall sprouts.
I planted them in my orchard

I've found that they transplant easily, but need protection from browsing. Around here they will browse mulberry to the same degree as an apple sprout.

The deer will absolutely hammer Mulberry trees. I planted some in 4 ft tubes. They hit the top quick and the deer keep them mowed out of the top. Buddy had a bunch of volunteers and the deer browsed them so heavy they were like Mulberry bushes.
I have a monster Mulberry that got hit by lightning 3 years ago. I need to cut it down and not treat the stump.

I had some young red mulberry sprouts come up around one of the mulberry trees that was already hear before we moved to the property. I was able to dig most of the roots up and plant 3 two foot tall sprouts.
I planted them in my orchard

Many varieties are supposed to be able to be propagated through dormant cuttings so I would expect you'll have no problems.

Thanks,

Jack

The deer hit my parents' mature mulberry trees pretty well. They brows any leaves they can reach, and in fall the eat the fallen leaves off the ground.

I’ve got several of those mulberry ground cover shrubs as a result of Deer browsing. I’d rate mulberry at the top of the list for preferred Deer browse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a giant mulberry tree in an open spot in my front yard. It was here when I bought the house in 1983. Since that time it's berries have started at least seven other mulberry trees on my property. All of them are on the outside edges of my small woods or fence lines. I do not have a problem with the deer browsing them. They do come at night and just pig out on the mulberries on the ground during the summer. I love the trees, but the berries sure make a dark blue stain on anything they touch. Hard to remove from clothes and cars.

The deer will absolutely hammer Mulberry trees. I planted some in 4 ft tubes. They hit the top quick and the deer keep them mowed out of the top. Buddy had a bunch of volunteers and the deer browsed them so heavy they were like Mulberry bushes.
I have a monster Mulberry that got hit by lightning 3 years ago. I need to cut it down and not treat the stump.
I'm going to cage them till they get big enough to make it

Many varieties are supposed to be able to be propagated through dormant cuttings so I would expect you'll have no problems.

Thanks,

Jack
These had a good root system and I was able to get most of the roots without harming them. I wasn't sure if it was growing from tree roots but they came up from seed so they transplanted really good and I've had good rains afterwards