moultrie trace premise Model # 12639

mikmaze

5 year old buck +
time has come for me to figure out a fix, or ditch a pair of these cameras. I am tired of clicking through 4k+ pictures of nothing that has triggered the pair of these I bought a few years ago. I have looked, contacted moultrie, to no avial for help on an adjustment, or new firmware to help. they take up space 5 months a year, and waste space 7 months a year when out in the field. Worst part is out of 4 k pics, I might by chance get 10 pics with deer in the frame. Is anyone familiar with this model? any tips on fixing it to be less sensitive? does anyone want one to fiddle with? it is to the point wher I toss em in the trash and replace them. they were cheap, but still hate to throw em away.

I run all 990i’s...is there any type of sensitivity setting you can get too on your model?

I still run a few of my trace premise. They do take a lot of pictures, but mostly mine do good. You could try setting it to 1 picture instead of burst, but if I remember correctly there is no setting for delay. In other words, if a deer stands there, you will get 200 pictures of it. It's not a bad, TRAIL camera, but not that great over a corn pile or salt lick. They are very sensitive as mine will go off on darn near anything. If a robin flies by I will get a picture. Let me know if you choose to part with them. I still like mine.

I gave up on all Moultrie's since 2013 for the same reason. Still have some 2013 990s kickin, but the 2014's and on were junk. Real happy with my Brownings. Going to try Cuddeback, just for the Cuddelink feature because I'm equally sick of my junk Covert cell cams. If I didn't want pics transmitted I'd buy every Browning BTC 5HDE I could find and live happily ever after...

I've got one too. Not real thrilled about it. What I did to keep it from taking a bunch of pics of nothing was raise it. I put it up high in a tree and aimed it down, even that it took a while to get all the limbs that would trigger it and the grass. I had to mow down the grass but it did cut way down on the non pics. I also had deer walking so close to the tree that it would only get a pic of an ear or the tip of the rack so I put a big brush pile there and forced them out into range. I'm just waiting for mine to die so I can replace it but it is on it's 3rd year out there, all year. I never take my cams down. PIA to pull the card because you have to stand on the top of the truck bed to reach it.

no sensitivity settings, set to single pic just puts the interval farther apart, frustrating to say the least.