Menards Concrete Wire

It does make it nice to have your cages pre-made so you don't have to do that also on planting day.

Turkey Creek, "One way I have found to prevent that is to buy a 2' wide roll of chicken wire and wrap the cement wire with the chicken wire in the zone from 2-4'."
I like that tip,... good call! Thanks that will work for me too.

Am I the only one to use the 14 ga welded wire? Smaller "openings", so I can get away with slightly smaller cages (12.5'/each for fruit trees).

https://www.menards.com/main/buildi...0-welded-wire/p-1449547091479.htm?cm_vc=PDPZ1

I looked at that when I was there. It's nowhere near as sturdy as the remesh, and it's a lot more expensive.

My trees will be unsupervised 11 months out of the year, so i can't fix cages that deer smash down. I need the heavy remesh i think.

So, Menards has jacked the price way up now. No longer getting a discount for 3+ rolls and rolls start at $113 each. Guessing this is due to Trumps tarrif on imported steel??

Sounds about the same as "regular" pricing. Just ended yesterday listed in flyer as $90 a roll but they never tell you about discount pricing for 3 rolls or more in their ads. Think you see that when you order online but maybe those deals come and go. They always have some promos every couple months so worth it to wait and check once awhile.

The $113 is the regular price nothing to do with Trump.
Like rocks said they run the specials a few times a year and the 11% rebate about every month.

Some of the bulk prices stop during the 11 percent rebate. The whole 11% is generally the worst time for me to buy materials other than maybe hardware items. Lumber, trusses, sheeting, roofing and siding are all better priced during normal sales or bulk prices. Marketing genius thou on there part

Wow. Now it's listed as $135 per roll. I got it for half that with bulk pricing and rebate.

EVERYDAY LOW PRICE$109.25

11% MAIL-IN REBATE$12.02 Valid Until 3/10/18

FINAL
PRICE $97.23
each
You Save: $12.02 After Mail-In Rebate

So here's the deal for another day. Should I take it or gamble the volume pricing comes back? I'll need the materials 2 weeks from now to be safe.

Well if you need the materials in a couple weeks, I would rather have everything on hand an cut an ready to go than risk it.
But on the other hand the rebate is kind of a pain in the ass an can only be used in store.
Guess it depends on how many you plan on getting.

I have 15 trees to plant and cage this year. Probably makes sense to just go buy the single roll and and get another smaller roll. Guess I'll go with 12.5' circ.

Buy now and return if it gets cheaper before you use. If your a frequent menards shopper, just get a picking slip and pay now. Go back and pick up after you're sure price didn't drop. This way you only need to handle paper, not carry Metal around.

They plan to run the 11% gimmic every three weeks on average. I'm guessing this is their way out of writing so many price adjustments. You used to be able to go in within 2 weeks of purchase and get credit if price dropped or went on sale( not in force with rebates). Was very lucrative for contractors that pay attention. We would always order on Sundays to take advantage of sale overlaps. One year I had over $35k in price adjustments. Now we hardly purchase from menards as the 11% rebate has driven their prices up higher than ABC and the local lumber yard.

I made this comment last night as I saw the 11% rebate add for the 10x time. If they have this 11% rebate every 2-3 weeks it only means 1 thing .... their products are 11% over priced the rest of the time.

Turkey Creek, very true. Home Depot is across the street and their price happens to be $98

I made this comment last night as I saw the 11% rebate add for the 10x time. If they have this 11% rebate every 2-3 weeks it only means 1 thing .... their products are 11% over priced the rest of the time.
It's brilliant business wise for them. Funny part is I constantly get customers asking me to buy there materials from Menard's so they can get the 11% rebate. I tell them sure but I'll need to up my bid 13%.
Don't get me wrong, I love the store and still find myself there frequently. Just big material purchases no longer happen at menards for me.it's a booming market and they certainly should capitalize but it's at expense of losing many of their contractor sales.

Price is back down. Even cheaper than what I paid.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-04-06-07-41-43.png
    Screenshot_2018-04-06-07-41-43.png
    100.1 KB · Views: 26
If you buy somenthing at MEnards and then comes on sale and its within 14 days of puchase you can show reciept and they will refund the difference. I just did that with the three rolls I purchased just prior to the new sale price. Saved 90 bucks as ours our priced at 98.00 in Omaha.