Maybe trail cams aren't so bad

Had at 55 yards 4 weekends ago ... just would not come any closer and he circled me ... there internal range finder works pretty well!

2AEFE1D1-6E04-40A3-BD0F-261AFEE04D2F.jpg
Just noticed it now, but this was the buck I got Friday

I'm planning on switching it up in the morning. Taking the climber in on a hunch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Dipper was he 2 or 3?

So Dipper was he 2 or 3?
Believe it or not, the bow buck was a 4. Gun season we now have another 5, 3, and a 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dipper ... nice looking buck with a bit of split G2 character.

[QUOTE="dipper, post: 91985, memberHe could use some bigger brows and 4s, everything else is great. Not a huge body.[/QUOTE]
This guy was kia Sunday evening by a neighbor who owns around 300 acres a half mile from me. They invest in deer and pass young bucks. Taped out at 153" a brute, while missing a 10-11" g2.
We had many sightings and close calls with this buck, that's all a guy can ask for! It's fun just being able to hunt deer like this.

Good job dipper. Everything is coming together nice. It takes the sting off the neighbor getting one like that when you have more coming down the line. Still I would be a little jealous. Happy for him but jealous.

Good job dipper. Everything is coming together nice. It takes the sting off the neighbor getting one like that when you have more coming down the line. Still I would be a little jealous. Happy for him but jealous.
It a competition to attract and hold these bucks on your property. Just gotta work harder. Their property is set up to kill bucks like this, as well.
U can see the buck broke off a foot long tine which would have put him in mid 160s.
I learned of a huge 8 pointer this week, roaming the neighborhood. They got him pegged at over 150". Biggest 8 I have ever seen, just super tall tines.
They get big for a reason....

Dipper Congrats ... nice looking deer and a lot of hard work seems to be paying off!

Had a nervous tracking adventure in the dark, but we go him! Solid 4 year, 130" 9!
7fae302b6fa280474dbedbb8d08b796e.jpg
We never seen this buck, and his core area was 3/4 mile from property, where neighbor's have seen him numerous times and captured a ton of pics. His core area was actually on the property the above 150"er w the busted g2, was taken on.
I lost the bigger buck but gained a smaller one, that's hunting....

Always seems these nasty high scoring nontypicials come out of the large swamps.
I think hunters don't move around so much, and the bucks have a better chance of getting older. Lots of room for bucks to lay down and get old

Magnificent looking buck! I agree ... bucks get to be that size and age structure because they find the places where most people cannot access.

I have a number of cedars like that also ... some as big as 8-9" diameter that have been rubbed.

What is really cool about this type of tree, if you look close, you can see many years or repeat rubs.

Then when you look at the lower canopy, trimmed off perfectly at 5.5' - 6'.

I own a portion of a 30 acre cedar swamp. Not a huge chunk but it holds deer. We've now shot or shot at a 3, and 2-4 year olds coming or going from this habitat, this year. Damn good stuff
U have any luck tree? I got your message. I'm super busy to meet, but if u send me some aerials of your property I can throw u some suggestions.
I just personally think this habitat stuff is really simple. The most important thing is mature bucks need thick habitat and most importantly not being disturbed. Does and young bucks need thick habitat too, but they tolerate being kicked up or scared a little more than the big bucks.

Can do, will need to put some info together.

I walked the property I'm negotiating on. The top of this rub is 4.5'. Looks like it was early season. There was a nontypical b&c 190" buck shot on the property line. This must have been from him....

Nice! Good luck on the negotiation ...