maybe i need to start turkey hunting

bueller

Way cheaper by the pound to just go to the grocery store.

Way cheaper by the pound to just go to the grocery store.
True but a big fan and long beard would look nice on the cabin wall. I've seen much larger flocks of females but usually it's only 2-3 toms at a time.

Yep and once you eat one of them you will be going back for more.

I had about 30 of them on the road in front of me yesterday. It was a gravel road and the darn things kept going down the road instead of off to the side. They can run like the dickens when you lay in the horn. I wish I'd had my phone along to video them.

bueller, you say the word and I'll be there to give you a hand putting the hurt on those toms!;)

When you get one within 30 yards gobbling his head off, it's a sight to see.

You get one about 5 yards behind you that you don't know is there because they are walking up a row of soft pine needles and then it gobbles, not only will it make you clean the crap out of your pants, it will darn near blow the hat off your head!:eek:

It's funny - back in the 60's and early 70's seeing turkeys was kind of a big deal ...... at least where I grew up. Now there are so many, guys just blow off sightings as no big thing. It's common to see several flocks of 20 to 30 birds in our food plots and on local gas pipelines at the same time. It's comical to see a flock with a batch of poults chasing grasshoppers & crickets in a field of clover. ( sitting on the cabin patio with a cold one !! ) :)