All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for used tree tubes

Jimmy G

5 year old buck +
Hey all! I am looking for a few used tree tubes to try out on some oaks. Just want to give them a try and see how they work. I've heard a lot of mixed thoughts on these but just want to experiment a little. Let me know.

Thanks, Jim

Not sure there is much a used market for these brother
Best option is to find a like minded person and place a bulk order for best pricing but may just have to order small batch
www.treeprotectionsupply.com

I actually find them every spring on Craig's list. Last year got 200 4' tubes for 50 bucks. Seems everyone around here takes them off after 2 years. I on other hand leave them on until they need to be cut off

Thanks for the heads up Jordan and Northbound. I just figured with some people having mixed results with tubes and not liking them I could land some fairly cheap just to try out.

If you just wanted a couple it may be cheaper to see if the state sells them at their nursery.I joined with another guy on my last bactch as shipping is the killer.I can't imagine planting trees without them,I leave mine on until they need cut off then I usually build a 12 inch wire cage to protect from rubbing

I'll check on that.....