looking for good trees

JERRED GRACEY

5 year old buck +
Iv found some trees I want to get some scions off of this winter, can someone share some pics of crab apple or regular apple trees they consider to be heavy bearing trees, I found 1 crab that has been loaded the last few years (or at least what I think is loaded) just want to see what I should be looking for

Really. No one has pics they wanna share

If you look in the fruit trees section I am sure there are old posts showing guys' trees when they are loaded with fruit. "Heavy bearing" is relative to the variety. Crabapples tend to bear fairly "heavy" in general, thus one of the reasons they tend to produce smaller fruit.

Crabs - as a group - generally produce more fruit than " regular " apple trees. They seem less bothered by cold, late frost, bugs, disease etc. from my experience. If forced to pick between regular apples or crabapples for wildlife - I'd take the crabs.

A couple that have been stars for us are Dolgo, All-Winter-Hangover, Hyslop, Centennial, and Kerr. Our oldest Chestnut crab just put on it's first apple this year, so looking forward to next year !!