Let me know how I did!

SmallChunk

5 year old buck +

I took an evening after work to prune my friends trees. How do you think I did?

Nice vid!
Looks like your off to a great start getting those trees under control.
Are they dwarf? Myself I would cut off a bunch of the low branches but I’m planting for wildlife with standard or semi standard trees.
No way would deer not try and rub the heck out of those with no cages in my hood.

I would say that they are all semi-dwarf. The new one that was planted, i'm not sure. I would definitely cut them off if I hadn't taken so much wood already from the trees. If I was to prune again next spring, I would take them off! They were all destroyed by the deer and lawn mower anyways! The guy who owns them has some small grandchildren. I thought it would be fun to leave some of the lower ones for them too!

I took an evening after work to prune my friends trees. How do you think I did?
Good job. And your friend has a friend indeed!

Nice work @SmallChunk, I always imagine a tree major invigorated after having it brought and/or redirected to a better shape and a lot more sunlight to all parts. That 1 with fireblight doens't look to be long for this world. Not knowing the varieties they are better off restarting so it doesn't spread.

I would say that they are all semi-dwarf. The new one that was planted, i'm not sure. I would definitely cut them off if I hadn't taken so much wood already from the trees. If I was to prune again next spring, I would take them off! They were all destroyed by the deer and lawn mower anyways! The guy who owns them has some small grandchildren. I thought it would be fun to leave some of the lower ones for them too!

I left some low limbs for my little girl. Was it worth getting knocked off the lawn mower a few times to see the smile on my little girls face and watch her pick apples at her level. Oh, yeah.

Nice work @SmallChunk, I always imagine a tree major invigorated after having it brought and/or redirected to a better shape and a lot more sunlight to all parts. That 1 with fireblight doens't look to be long for this world. Not knowing the varieties they are better off restarting so it doesn't spread.
I agree with the blight one, I guess we will see how it goes this summer!