All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leaf burn thread

Maya

5 year old buck +
There was a thread that someone posted about an apple trees showing a leaf burn on the edges on the leaves, but I can't find the thread. Anyways I had an apple seminar yesterday and part of it was a talk on nutrition that was given by a professor from UCONN. She was talking about potassium deficiency and had some photo's showing the results. Same kind of leaf burn. I'm reasonably certain that was your problem. A soil test and a leaf analysis will probably pinpoint the exact reason why. Could be several reasons why the the tree has this deficiency.

Good info as usual Maya. I know I have had that issue in the past. I found in my case it is environmental stress, namely the first hot windy days. Just like setting those trees in front of a blast furnace. My trees always grow out of it so in my case I am fairly confident that it is the environmental stress.

TC, she mentioned that certain factors like lack of water, would cause lack of uptake of K to the tree. I'd imagine hot windy would do it. Good luck with the nursery this year!