Layered Rye

I like the concept for sure. I did plant my brassica at the end of July this year instead of late August. It's been working out nicely with rain so far. I do think I'm going to back at layer with some rye this weekend and spread some Urea, suppose to storm in the evening. I know the seeding rates are crazy but it was a pretty good read. thanks!

I wouldn’t come CLOSE to his poundage, but if you have bare spots overseeding will help.

I must say, though... the more videos he turns out recently, the less and less I listen to anything he says. Every other video spends the first 5 minutes convincing you he came up with every idea out there back in the 90’s. It is becoming a broken record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still very new to all this habitat stuff so I do watch his videos (along with many others), but I agree on the repetitive convincing. He says on it every video now, along with a smirk that seems to be a nod to everyone on these forums. Almost like..."hey, you guys know I did that first right?" Whether he did or didn't, it's making me not want to watch anymore.

To the topic at hand, I did it last fall out of necessity. I thought I lost my first round of rye to flooding so I threw some more seed down in early Oct to keep the plot from being a total loss. It was very thick this spring so it all worked out.

I know that I usually seed on the light side and with Rye I donk think its as necessary not to overseed. I usually seed light and then go back around Labor Day and seed in front of my stands so that the most tender growth is there during the early part of the bow season. I know I need to up my rates.