Last years grafts - fertilize?

Red

5 year old buck +
I’ve got last years bench grafts in my garden and will leave them there this year yet before moving them to their final home.
should I dose them with fertilizer this year or leave them alone?
thanks

Unless you have completely crappy garden soil - and I would assume your garden is likely got good soil so I personally would say no - proper watering and insect control as well as mice, deer and rabbit protection is more important in my book. Accidental over fertilization could kill them. That would be my call.

I use slow release Osmocote in the graft nursery.

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll skip the fertilizer

I apply 44-0-0 polymer-coated urea at the rate specified in the fertilizer instructions for nursery use right after the frost goes out.

It is very easy to burn roots on young fruit trees. I would wait until they have been in their permanent spot a couple years.

I don't wait, but I'm using chicken manure. Only graftlings newly planted into my nursery don't get any but I wouldnt shriek of one of my helpers spread some in there. They get planted into a "sweetend" spot and get some healthy shovel fulls before I fence them up too. I've never used commercial / synthetic fertilizer and never seen sign of burning which I hear / have the impression that the leaf tips will brown if this is the case. I see this in all the plants in our office...brown/burnt leave tips and I would bet it is fertilizer burn. There is a paid service coming into the office to manage the plants...if you can believe that.