All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Landpride 3 p hitch drills

WKyGasDoc

5 year old buck +
Any experience with the Landpride 550 drill or the 600NT?

roym has a sweet one if he can chime in.. The 600NT is a heavy drill, requires a sizeable tractor. I was looking at the 3P500, was quoted around $9500. They are nice for sure!

Yep, what are you interested in. Have a 3P606NT. Great drill. Same row units that are on the big boy drills that drill 1000s of acres. A little bit of a learning curve, and expensive, but far superior to any "food plot" drills as far as quality and longevity.

What is the minimum HP tractor to pull the 3P606NT ?

thanks,

bill

i have a 3p606nt by great plains. Pull it with a 100 HP JD 5603. Pulls it just fine. But I had the tractor for work, so that's what we use.

expensive, yet. learning curve, yes.

Worth it? Oh yes.

I wantd to buy once and not again. I feel I did that with the great plains unit.

I pull mine with a JD5400. HP to pull one isn't as important as your 3pt lift rating, and the total weight of the tractor. I know I wouldn't want to try it with a 40Hp. My tractor weighs over 6000#, and I still know it's back there when I raise it up. If you are worried about HP, a pull type handles better with lighter less powerful tractors, I think GP says a 40hp will handle one.

I have a Kubota 4wd 70hp. my main concern I cross a creek that can be "bumpy" lol The 500 model is lighter but I light to extra planting capacity and the ability to add a WSG box.

What is the minimum HP tractor to pull the 3P606NT ?

thanks,

bill
I believe 65 HP. I would verify the 3 point lift capacity however.

The 500 and 600 are not considered no-till drills, fwiw.

There made by Great Plains and painted yellow. Any reason not to go with an NT pull type?

I have a 606NT pull type and a 75hp tractor handles it. It grunts on the uphill but gets it done.

3 point is nice for smaller or odd shaped food plots but otherwise pull behind would be quite nice :emoji_thumbsup:

The 500 and 600 are not considered no-till drills, fwiw.
Thanks I found that out, no coulters, the NT version is the one I would need