Land Prices - down?

How much land?? No gov't programs? Something has to be up there because that is really high taxes.

I called and talked to my Dad and there are a couple things going against them. 1. They have quite a bit of shoreline since it's on a point though some of the shoreline is swampy. They are going to make a case that the swampy shoreline should not all be taxed at such a high rate. 2. The cabin is in the township of Balsam Lake. Lake shore outside the township is more reasonable.

Seems to me that I was told something about those "point lots" for lakeshore here in MN. What I remember was that the land was to be taxed more on how many residences the lakeshore would support.....rather than how many feet for points and some of those properties with marsh-front. I'd think an assessor would factor those things into the tax amount.

That said......lakefront taxes are outrageous. We pay some high tax.....but I kinda look at it like paying dues to a lake "country club". Beautiful view.....and access to thousands of acres to play right out front....but it comes at a price. o_O