Kazakhstan apple

greyphase

5 year old buck +
This little Kazakhstan apple tree (Kaz 613990) from a GRIN scion had 16 apples on it
Cochins_Bliss_birdboxes_apple_trees_037.jpg
. Grafted in 2016 on B118 rootstock. I trimmed off 15 of them and will probably take the last one off too. It's just too young of a tree to let bear.

This little Kazakhstan apple tree (Kaz 613990) from a GRIN scion had 16 apples on it
Cochins_Bliss_birdboxes_apple_trees_037.jpg
. Grafted in 2016 on B118 rootstock. I trimmed off 15 of them and will probably take the last one off too. It's just too young of a tree to let bear.
That’s awesome

Outstanding! Good looking tree! Why did you pick that variety? What characteristics did you like? How is it for disease resistance? Always looking for an excuse to add to my grin order for this year...

Outstanding! Good looking tree! Why did you pick that variety? What characteristics did you like? How is it for disease resistance? Always looking for an excuse to add to my grin order for this year...
It was described as "Elite scion material, 70 fruit sampled from one tree. Free of disease and insects. It tested very resistant to fireblight. Taste was described as subacid-MacIntosh. ripening mid-early 20-30 days before Delicious

My other Kazakhstan apples are late ripening varieties. One thing in common is they are very resistant to fireblight.

It was described as "Elite scion material, 70 fruit sampled from one tree. Free of disease and insects. It tested very resistant to fireblight. Taste was described as subacid-MacIntosh. ripening mid-early 20-30 days before Delicious

My other Kazakhstan apples are late ripening varieties. One thing in common is they are very resistant to fireblight.

Sold! I'll add it to my GRIN List!

When you lose your way, go back to the source, the Kazakhstan apples are our source. :)

I have one Khazik grafted on dolgo or ranetka and I also tacked it on a flowering crab. It has a round leaf like yours.

I was looking for CAR resistance during selection and did not find a good reference so I just picked one from a latitude north of me a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one Khazik grafted on dolgo or ranetka and I also tacked it on a flowering crab. It has a round leaf like yours.

I was looking for CAR resistance during selection and did not find a good reference so I just picked one from a latitude north of me a bit.

6f51a2d1eb6da6b045e9283c98a4c89b.jpg

On the flowering crab.