All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jung Seed Company Rootstock

Buffalohunter1

A good 3 year old buck
I did some checking to find out what rootstock Jung’s was using for their Apple tree’s. I called the customer service line and they told me that their Stanard trees were grafted on B.118, Semi-dwarf are on M7, and Dwarf was on Bud 9. They offer a fair selection of Standard fruit trees varieties such as Honey Crisp, Northwest Greening, Haralson, Wolf River, Prairie Magic to name a few. I’ve planted their trees in the past and have had good success.

My dad planted 2 of their standards in Liberty, they are very nice trees. They have been in the ground a few years and are doing extremely well.

Firecracker from them has done well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never looked at Jung's for trees before - - but good to know. Thanks for posting.

I have a Jung's garden center a half hour away from me. The bareroot section at the store has 6-8 foot tall bareroot trees to choose from. An easy way to get a quick jump on fruit bearing.

Every year they also have a bunch of 'deer apple' trees. These are ones the variety tags have fallen off of, and are half price.

A Jung outlet just opened by me and my wife said they have lots of apple trees. I’ll have to take a trip over to see what they have. Everyone’s trees from Jung still going good?

They are quality trees and seem to do well.

I’ve gotten a few trees from them over the years. They have been nice trees and have done ok. My favorite tree is probably a WI hardy pear. It was on standard rootstock, but I don’t see it in the catalog anymore besides dwarf. It has good disease resistance and flavor. It is a little more gritty than other pears, but they can well. Good annual producer.