Is it just me OR ----

WTNUT

5 year old buck +
Is it just me or is the use on this forum way down? Most of the fruit tree guys were always on here and things like scion wood exchange would be booming this time of year. I may be wrong and hope I am! It is a really good group of tree nuts!

Some of the chatty guys who were " regulars " on here are no longer on here. I miss them too. A few are still here and they still contribute help and knowledge. The ones who aren't here are on a local forum, ( their home area ), as are some of the guys who are STILL here. I noticed the down-turn in traffic too. It used to be every thread had daily traffic by a number of guys - now - some threads go for several days with no postings. I think there are still a number of guys on here that will / or do - swap scion. Some guys may be filled up - space-wise, to be able to keep planting more and more trees. I fall in that category. But I'll still graft a few in case we lose some trees to bears or bugs.

I wish I could still communicate with some of the " gone-guys ", but it is what it is. Don't know the remedy. :(

I haven't been around much the past 5 months due to work and family obligations. I don't know what went down nor do I care to know details, I just wish some people would leave their egos at home and shut their mouths if they don't have something nice to say.

Hopefully the folks who left don't let a few sour grapes ruin it and maybe they'll come back. If they don't it was a pleasure knowing them.

Well who went away?

The fruit tree section still seems to be the most popular though. Thankfully so, because I have learned so many tips here and will be doing my first apple tree planting in a few months. 26 trees.

I've made all my scion trades and still have a bunch of scion in the fridge. I really hate to throw good scion away :( so here's a list of what I have. Most are off young trees that haven't bore fruit yet so you have to trust the people that I obtained the scion from as to the correct variety. If anyone wants some shoot me a pm.

Hubberson's Nonesuch
Cox Orange Pippin
Ashmead Kernel
Pound Sweet
Brushy Mountain Limbertwig
Bentley Sweet
Moyer's Spice
NY Bonkers
Hog Sweet
Golden Hornet Crab
Pitmason Pineapple
Kind David
Golden Russet
Newt Grindle
Red Limbertwig
Milo Gibson
Centurion Crab
Williams Pride
Viola Crab
Black Twig
Caney Fork Limbertwig
Kentucky Limbertwig
Chestnut Crab

You can find descriptions of these varieties with a google search.

The problem with a new forum every few months is that it spreads the number of contributors thinner and thinner, so obviously the number of posts is going to go down. Some guys stay and some guys move on, thats the way it has always been. There is no HOLY GRAIL of internet forums.

In terms of scion trades I think most of us have been at it for while now and the varieties that most wildlife people are interested in have been obtained. If somebody has a need for something just post it up I am willing to share as are most of the others on here if we have something we can share.

The last I knew, that forum was closed and wasn't taking any new posters. There were a few guys that had a lot of habitat experience / knowledge and were avid posters. I feel we lost some great sources over some ego / personal disputes. The exchange of knowledge, experience, answers and ideas was the loser.

x-2, TC. Just saw your post.

The last I knew, that forum was closed and wasn't taking any new posters. There were a few guys that had a lot of habitat experience / knowledge and were avid posters. I feel we lost some great sources over some ego / personal disputes. The exchange of knowledge, experience, answers and ideas was the loser.

x-2, TC. Just saw your post.

I believe it is open again to new registrations. PM me if you have a problem with registration.

The problem with a new forum every few months is that it spreads the number of contributors thinner and thinner, so obviously the number of posts is going to go down.

Agreed. I dont have time to read 50 forums, I barely have time for 1 so thats why it's disappointing some of my friends have decided to move on.

Is it just me or is the use on this forum way down?

It's not you, the forum is way down. I'm looking forward to getting out on my land and posting some updates...planting 300 trees, moving about 12 wild apples, applying lime, stump removal, etc.

Well who went away?

Seems like there was a whole group of guys who vanished. One of them was that guy who went by MoBuckChaser then got banned and showed back up as MoBuckHunter. I kind of got a kick out of him. He had good things to say, and seemed to like to offer help. Then he'd just go off let his temper and his mouth get the better of him. Probably why he ended up in jail 11 times. Or was it 12? :rolleyes:

Well I came to this forum from QDMA because I hated the number of advertisements on QDMA and nearly all the fruit tree guys were over here. MoBuckChasse kept the crap stirred as do one or two who are still on here based on what I could find earlier. John did a great job running an ad free web page AND I hate that a few crap stirring few ran off sooooo much knowledge. Contrary to what people think there is no freedom of speech on a PRIVATE web page and I would have preferred to lose the crap stirring crowd by banning them as soon as their buds opened as opposed to allowing buds to turn into flowers and tainted fruit which damaged the entire crop.

Heck I never missed anyone. The few guys I respect are still here give great info whether they are experts or not the guys on here are speaking from hands on experience mostly and to me that is the best teacher. I don't see any huge egos here and not a lot of poop stirrers at least here In The tree section. This has to be the most gentlemanly group I have ever experienced on a forum and I agree more than one forum is way too much to keep up even though I am retired ....did I mention That before guys? Haha. Yes RETIRED and it's awesome. Don't hate me now for that and say I am a u{>|>|!|*|!€|€ please lol

Last edited:
I don't post often but sure appreciate the apple people here , world is full pot stirrers don't need them anyhow , excellent group here and egos are left at the door now very welcome . Thanks for all the input guys

Agree with everyone, this is the place to be for apple info from true gentlemen...............now don't anybody go getting a big head:D.

Aero/Paul, Just starting my 3rd year of retirement :cool: It's like everyday's a Saturday :). Only problem is it's going too fast :mad:.

Natty, planting 300 trees, moving 12 wild trees, lime, stump removal, etc Are you shooting for a name change to CrazyNatty Bumppo :eek:.