All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iowa bucks

Far cry from what we see up here on your other property I would guess?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Doesn't compare. I usually have 3-4 bucks in MN to target and they are usually three years old, maybe 4.
I passed bucks in IA this year, that I'd prob shoot in MN.

Nice deer. '17 should, hopefully, be really nice.

Do you live in IA?

Live in Minnesota... West Central area by Alexandria. I would never move from MN, love it, fishing is great, good friends, Vikings/Twins /Wolves all that....

I've had a farm in IA since around 2001, nice getaway.

Nice. I have a friend that has some land in IA but lives in SW WI. They somehow have it worked out that someone in the family (him, son, brother, etc.) will have a tag every year and can hunt it.

Yes sir...I will draw bow, my son--shotgun season.

Are you just party hunting with your NR shotgun doe tag license while you collect NR points for bow?

Yes
I know quite a few people in that area. We trade off some hunting, habitat work.

Score on this one... Guess?

Any idea on age, prob tough angle... 3?image.jpeg

Mid 130s

That's what I get also.
No clue on age it's a tough angle. Gray face though.

I'd guess 4.5, but it's hard to tell. It doesn't have a young looking face though.

The reason I ask is.... this buck was in stare down with me for 10 minutes during the shotgun season. I was in a blind, and I "think" he noticed something different, and just did not want to step out into the beans. He looked impressive in person, but he did look like he could be three years old...? He was maybe 35 yards away.

Had the option of a straight on shot, but I decided against that. Oh well, I hope he survives and is bigger next year.