All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interseeding success stories - what works what doesn't.

It’s really crappy soil and the peas struggled. I was hoping they would actually make a pea pod and peas. Similar to beans for late season food. Beets are holding their own but again, crappy clay / sand soil. If done in better ground I think it would produce a lot.
Not sure on pounds per acre. I used an old case grain drill at 7.5 in spacing and added 1 pound of beets to the Milo seed. I did the peas first.
It was more of an experiment I copied Paul Knox/Dbltrees method. I will definitely do it again. We are in 1000 acres of big woods and the Milo may become a late season draw.
It’s over seeded with rutabaga, buckwheat and rye as well
Kinda wondering........how did your milo hold up after you got some freezing temps?? I am searching for something that can keep some taller cover into early winter. Pics??