All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Incredible....guy removes trapped coyotes by hand.

The only possible reason I could see for doing that would be to put radio tracking collars on them for a study of some kind????

Brave or stupid....I don't know.

Wow, nut job!

That's nuts. What does the guy do with the live coyotes then?

training coyote dogs?

Yep, used for the live market training hounds in fox pens. They are not hard to remove by hand. They start out crazy but you can touch them with a catch pole and then they cower. You can then grab the tail and scruff of the neck and spring the trap with your feet. Its a shame a house dog wont do that as they all turn into cujoe and you have to use a catch pole or you will be eaten alive.

Yep,
Taken alive and released into a pen to be run by dogs until they get away or die.
It’s the #1 reason I no longer let anyone hunt (chase) coyotes or trap them on me. Unless I know their going to shoot them.

I want them dead. Their worth $50 to $100 each alive to guys that train dogs to chase them.

Problem is most guys in my area “hunting” yotes don’t shoot them. They just judge their dogs.

I get trail cam pics of dogs with numbers spray painted on them every year. The dog that is up front at each checkpoint wins.

And us deer managers loose...

Last edited:
I start trapping them next week. The eastern fur is worthless. I will dispatch them and pitch them into the woods. Every time I get a cam pic of a yote with a fawn it makes me sick.

The yote-whisperer for sure!

With the fresh snow we just got I will be setting a bunch more snares tomorrow morning. I'm really behind from last year but there is quite a bit of winter left.

I can't wait to give this a try. NOT!

I'd pet 'em - with a .22 LR right between the lookers.

I can get that they go into some kind of shock when a human is that close, or touches them. I wouldn't know, never tried it. I released several domestic dogs from yote sets and not one of them ever went nuts. One was a big german shepard. Glad he and I had an understanding about the situation.

Never heard of this running dogs on trapped yotes thing. Sounds kind of inhumane. I guess to each there own, I don't want any part of it.

At least the State I’m in requires any trapped animal to be dispatched. Illegal to take away live.

That guy is nuts, he doesn't even have gloves on.
Why don't they have the actual sound instead of the music? Would make a much better video.

I don't see the advantage of doing it by hand. I release a few dogs and all the fox I catch live. I guess for the WOW factor, he does have that going for him.