Imox (generic Raptor) anyone use it on clover?

I just sprayed Imox about 7 days ago on my alfalfa/clover/chicory plot. Seems to be doing its job well. Has pace of kill similar to Cleth it seems as you can't expect overnight kill like Gly. I used 6 oz Imox w AMS and crop oil/ac. I don't spray plots very often but have used Gly or Cleth in past when I felt the urge. Imox does have slight residual affect on future planting as listed for new seed of about 6 mo.

I just sprayed Imox about 7 days ago on my alfalfa/clover/chicory plot. Seems to be doing its job well. Has pace of kill similar to Cleth it seems as you can't expect overnight kill like Gly. I used 6 oz Imox w AMS and crop oil/ac. I don't spray plots very often but have used Gly or Cleth in past when I felt the urge. Imox does have slight residual affect on future planting as listed for new seed of about 6 mo.
How much ams and crop loil?

Typically crop oil is specified at %v/v, not qt/ac. 1% is the typical application. So, the amount will depend on the capacity of your sprayer and it's calibration.

Don't waste it on thistle. I never had much luck killing CT with Raptor.
How much thistle do you have?
My advice for fighting canada thistle... don't worry about the plot. Get the ct under control with what will get the job done and plant what will work within the parameters of the chosen herbicide. Once you get the evil weed controlled, then plant what you want.
I chased my tail trying to eliminate ct in clover. Raptor, and spot spraying gly didn't work. Too many parameters with Raptor...plant has to be small, restrictions on applications per year, and it still didn't eliminate the crap. Gly sets back thistle, but it always returned.
I finally switched to spot spraying clopyralid 3 and my thistle issue has vastly improved.
Great advice Tap, thank you!

Reactions: Tap

Pretty heavy for I usually use. About 20oz of each. If u research it typically recommended qt/ ac of those. I’ve never used that much. I never used AMS in early days , only crop oil , but began to add it as advocated by some on the old forum especially dgallow. Personally I dont see any advantage and won’t buy anymore once this jug is gone and jst use the crop oil.
But as I said I do t spray very many years as grasses and weeds bother me little. And if you let those grasses exist most the aggravating unwanted weeds hardly exist. It’s mans overwhelming annal worries of grasses in clovers that causes a plotters issues. Let them be. Clovers do quite well coexisting unless you jst want a pretty picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same pic in post 30
6 oz Imox, 1.7lbs AMS two good squirts of dawn dish detergent/acre. Starting to yellow things a week out. The foot or so showing right in front of the camera got gly also just to keep the weeds down in front of the camera.
8050D8AB-510D-4219-A0A4-91F7D76E140A.jpeg

Looks like the clover is enjoying the room left by the dead stuff. This is a small plot. The tall grass in the back did not get sprayed.

I sprayed one other field where I have a camera in the distance. That plot shows dead grass but I can’t get a close enough look to see if it did any damage to the daisies that were taking over. Daisies are not listed as a controlled weed.

It must have stunted them though because the flowering stopped. I’ll know more when I can walk the field.

103F1521-833D-40B2-B8F2-F00544B7494F.jpeg

Shasta Daisies are tough SOBs

Looks like the clover is enjoying the room left by the dead stuff. This is a small plot. The tall grass in the back did not get sprayed.

I sprayed one other field where I have a camera in the distance. That plot shows dead grass but I can’t get a close enough look to see if it did any damage to the daisies that were taking over. Daisies are not listed as a controlled weed.

It must have stunted them though because the flowering stopped. I’ll know more when I can walk the field.

View attachment 24825
What is the dead tree in the plot? Looks like a crab? Was it alive before you sprayed?

What is the dead tree in the plot? Looks like a crab? Was it alive before you sprayed?

No that’s an old rubbing/licking branch tree I put there with a post hole digger. It a cedar that’s been dead about 5 years. It will be freshened up in August...

Reactions: Tap