I think I see antlers growing already.

Is this an optical illusion? I think I see a rack too big and mature for this time of year. But it also doesn't look quite right, like the low res is making something out of it that isn't there. This is a Cuddelink cellular picture, so in a couple weeks I can pull the card and get the high res image.
052719_bigbuck.JPG

Is this an optical illusion? I think I see a rack too big and mature for this time of year. But it also doesn't look quite right, like the low res is making something out of it that isn't there. This is a Cuddelink cellular picture, so in a couple weeks I can pull the card and get the high res image.
View attachment 24343
I am with Bill on this, I think it's an optical illusion. You're right, it's too early to be this well formed. Also, too narrow to be in velvet. I'd like to be wrong, but I don't think so.

Thanks guys, you confirmed my gut instinct not to trust my eyes on this one.

View attachment 24343

well, not to be the lone one, but I think you see what you see. My deer are already this big.... Interested to hear when you pull the card.

We filled feeders on the 17th and I checked some cards last Friday, we've got more growth than I expected.

View attachment 24327View attachment 24328View attachment 24329View attachment 24330View attachment 24331
how do you keep the coons, possums, squirrels etc from eating you out of house and home with this type feeder not to mention crapping all in it?

how do you keep the coons, possums, squirrels etc from eating you out of house and home with this type feeder not to mention crapping all in it?
We use to have a lot of trouble with coons but after trapping them hard for 2 years I very rarely get a pic of one. I will get a squirrel pic and some crow pics occasionally and almost never any possum pics.

We use to have a lot of trouble with coons but after trapping them hard for 2 years I very rarely get a pic of one. I will get a squirrel pic and some crow pics occasionally and almost never any possum pics.

Im overrun with them. Bought some of the dukes traps. How are you trapping them?

A couple of buds, out for a morning stroll. Not a lot to brag about so far, but there is still time.

IMG_0040.JPGIMG_0041.JPG

Im overrun with them. Bought some of the dukes traps. How are you trapping them?
We used some Dukes and also some of the cage live traps, it really is amazing the difference it made because that has been 5-6 years ago and we went from sometime having half a dozen or more in pictures at a time to maybe a picture of 1-2 per week.

Lopsided unicorn
97BA1997-D3F6-4080-A1F2-042813560922.jpeg

Judging from the incredible buck shares you've made in the past, Bill, putting my money on this being a male fawn maybe an hour or two after delivery? Give it just a day or two more and it'll likely be a basket 8 or 10! Not that I'm jealous of the quality of your herd or anything... :emoji_wink:

Judging from the incredible buck shares you've made in the past, Bill, putting my money on this being a male fawn maybe an hour or two after delivery? Give it just a day or two more and it'll likely be a basket 8 or 10! Not that I'm jealous of the quality of your herd or anything... :emoji_wink:

He already grew that right antler and I think he decided to grow an extra main beam :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

76023D9D-5A2A-497B-B701-86C0D993749B.jpeg

Too early to tell much for sure, but decent looking mass on this one so far:

bRtlm21.jpg

K6yfLpr.jpg

^^^^he's got the nose...