I.d. this please

Mahindra3016

5 year old buck +
I just started noticing these around. Does anyone know?
9f04406939791b09f9d0457cc408b4f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I'm guessing American plum putting on good fruit.

nah, Am plum has fruit born singularly to the stem, those look like an umbel of flowers.........

any spines? hawthorn??

Reminds me of nannyberry

I have the same thing that just started to show up at my place. I am curious what it is also.

Is it by chance a small cherry tree?

It's not AO (autumn olive) is it?

It's not AO (autumn olive) is it?
The AO aruond here as a silverish cast to the leaves, possibly some type of Dogwood?

Reminds me of nannyberry

I will have to check when I get home, but I think what I have is nannyberry. Thanks for the help!

What I have is not Nannyberry. It doesn't have the vase shaped flower buds, these look like they are in single rows. Any idea what this might be? Sorry for the blurry pic, it was raining and the skitoos were tearing me up.

I do think what Mahindra has is nannyberry though from looking at images of it on google.
berry%20tree_zpsfxuwegmg.jpg

Somebody call Native. He will know what it is.....that man seems to be a walking encyclopedia of trees, shrubs and plants!

Nova
With the fruit growing in racemes, looks to be a chokecherry. A black cherry has narrower leaves

OP
A good ID check for nannyberry is to check for a real pointy tip or dragons beak like below in late summer or fall. If that is not evident likely another close look alike known as withe-rod or wild raisin. Nannyberry is more common though

I have both chokecherry and nannyberry on my land and above clues were helpful in ID
Nannyberry-Leaves.jpg

Last edited: