I can't pin what this is

D

dipper

CDY_0039.jpg

Title should read I can't pin what this is?

Ya it kinda looks like a bobcat head on the left. But that it kinda looks like a coon head on the right

Last edited by a moderator:
Coon. Big coon.

Looks like a coons back too doesn't it

Coon, tail is curled and pointed at camera.

If not a coon I would guess a badger.

Could it be a porcupine?

I see coon. Looks like black eye patch just above nose.

Raccoon with a bobbed tail. Happens during breeding season

Coon seems more like it would be the obvious answer, but I can't help but see a bobcat with the head facing the left? Maybe it's just me, but that seems like an awfully strange pattern of markings in the fur for a raccoon?

So u guys are thinking his head is on the right?
It's nice to see my electric fence is steering him. He's just turned the corner right along the fence.
The camera is on a corner post, and it is facing towards a summer planted clover/ rye/ peas trail that leads into really thick bedding. I don't have a buck on camera here, but have had up to 4 does in one pic on this little trail. The fence is coming down mid October and it's gonna be epic, with rutting activity.

I see a coon walking to the left. Tail is pointed into camera.

ears frostbit and lost part of them

I see a coon walking to the left. Tail is pointed into camera.
yep.... i see the same thing. you can see the rings on his tail. i also can see a little bit of the mask on the head to the left. I have gotten quite a few bobcat pics over the years and have never seen one that appeared this dark under IR illumination.

I agree with Gunther on the porcupine, it is walking to the right. They have that flat face like that, I think I can actually see the quills. The body to me doesn't fit anything except a porky.

yep.... i see the same thing. you can see the rings on his tail. i also can see a little bit of the mask on the head to the left. I have gotten quite a few bobcat pics over the years and have never seen one that appeared this dark under IR illumination.

Yep, I see the same thing. Head to the left and see a little bit of the dark mask, with a weed blocking part of the head/mask.

Originally I thought a beaver. Looks like a big tail back there, but I guess the damage they do would be obvious. Coon?

View attachment 7180
Didn't know that was possible and I do it all the time.

Thanks guys, Coon it is. That's July planted clover and rye he's walking in. The does are in it daily, salivating over the brassicas inside the fence.
54BA9D3A-A5AB-4273-99B3-5E1474922C94.jpg

The cameras on the the far end of the food plot, on a corner fence post. His tail might be jacked up cause he just got zapped by the fence. Haha no doubt he's hooking around the fence cause there's hardly any room there.