All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hinge cut hook modified

Rockon

A good 3 year old buck
Its hinge cut season again. I laser cut a few of these last weekend out of 1/4 inch plate. Last year I made my 1st prototype and I welded onto 1 inch conduit, but this one I added another hole and 2 notches. The holes allow for drilling the conduit and simply bolting it on. With the laser the notches are basically free features and might accommodate a hose clamp or some other clamp if needed but not preferred.

Attachments

• hook.jpg
    hook.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 98
Looks pretty sweet!

I've made some sort of like that out of 1/4" aluminum (laser cut also) that work pretty well.

Stay safe!

-John

Do you sell them?

Nice looking hook.

good looking hook!
i just made mine out of a 1/2 round rod with a curved hook bent in one end and the other end is bent arond like a rectangle that makes a good handle. it is all in one pc. I will try to get a pic to post.

Do you sell them?

x2

I've been tossing a rope w/ a hook over the tree and pulling it down. I need to upgrade methods.