All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help - Cat 2 Quick Hitch - Spreader Lift Arm Pin advice

southboundfishing

Yearling... With promise
I have a cat 2 JD quick hitch. All of my implements except my spreader fit. On my spreader I need the outside lift arm pins to be 6 inches and currently they are 3.75 inches. Total length of the pin is currently 8 1/2 and I need it closer to 12 inches The pin that is one it now is a cat 1 to 2 pin. Can anyone give me some advice on how to fix this?F52A889D-E018-4D13-B641-EDB19A315E7D_1_105_c.jpeg

Don’t the arms on the tractor adjust in and out?

They do but I have a quickhitch i'd like to use but the lift arm pins on the spreader aren't wide enough.

^ BTDT. End your problems via Pat's EZ Change. Add a hydraulic top link......and your really golden.

Do you have quick hitch adapters on your other implements?Also can you not take off pins and turn outward?The adapters have a hollow slide over pin with a larger end on the outside and a drive pin that holds it on the regular pin

Do you have quick hitch adapters on your other implements?Also can you not take off pins and turn outward?The adapters have a hollow slide over pin with a larger end on the outside and a drive pin that holds it on the regular pin
^ If your asking me......I do not have any need to change pins from inside to out. I do not need any adaptors. I do need some "bens washers" and Lynch pins on the item I am attaching. I have more than 15 implements that I can attach to my tractor without any need for a "quick hitch". The Pat's EZ change set up is the real real for those of us that like versatility..

^ If your asking me......I do not have any need to change pins from inside to out. I do not need any adaptors. I do need some "bens washers" and Lynch pins on the item I am attaching. I have more than 15 implements that I can attach to my tractor without any need for a "quick hitch". The Pat's EZ change set up is PAT"S EZ change hitch......so do many others. My 2 cents.

He said he had a quick hitch and was asking how to fix what he was hooking up.You can buy the pins or adapters at any farm store