HECS suit, do you think it works??

Aaron

5 year old buck +
I have been on the fence for a few years, not sure I want to spend the money and buy a HECS suit. What are your thoughts on it? Do you use it or have a friend that uses it? Do you think it works? I hunt the wind and I wear scent loc ,I wear silver thread base layer. Have a ozone closet. I have seen the shows on tv. But I would love to hear real world hunters input. Thanks guys.

Deer do not have receptors to "see"/detect an electrical signature. Similar to us, we do not have those.

If you are in the water,. certain sharks do,.. to find crabs/food under the sand.

Deer do not have receptors to "see"/detect an electrical signature. Similar to us, we do not have those.

If you are in the water,. certain sharks do,.. to find crabs/food under the sand.

I am not sure I believe that. Might not have the exact receptors you speak of, but they have something more than smell, sound, vision. The sixth sense. They know something isn't right even though they can't detect you with the 3 major senses.

That being said, I have never used a hecs suit and don't know anyone that has, but I have been very tempted to try it.

I would invest in other stuff,.. there is so much other stuff.

Try a Ghillie suit or leaf suit to break up your outline,.. carbon infused odor absorbing clothes (and I am not sure those are valid).

Put a ghillie net behind your tree stand to hide your outline.

Hundreds of other things are more proven than the HECS suit

That is just my 2 cents,.. and in todays world my 2 cents aint worth much ! LOL

How on earth did Fred Bear kill all kinds of animals with a recurve, plaid jacket, blue jeans...and no HECS suit?

I would invest in other stuff,.. there is so much other stuff.

Try a Ghillie suit or leaf suit to break up your outline,.. carbon infused odor absorbing clothes (and I am not sure those are valid).

Put a ghillie net behind your tree stand to hide your outline.

Hundreds of other things are more proven than the HECS suit

That is just my 2 cents,.. and in todays world my 2 cents aint worth much ! LOL
Highly recommend a ghillie suit. I have killed numerous deer and turkeys sitting against a tree,in a fence row or in some brush wearing a ghillie.

May I ask what brand Ghillie you bought?

I have considered one

May I ask what brand Ghillie you bought?

Bowman,
I bought a Rancho Safari jacket, pants and boonie hat. This was early 90's when I got out of the Marine Corps. High quality, but not cheap. I spent over $200 for the set back then. You can see it in this pic.IMG_20140512_184520_467-2-1(1).jpg

Last edited:
I had to look up what he was talking about!

I have been struck by lightning (indirectly before) so my signal is different any ways......so I don't need it!

How did the old timers kill anything with red flannel, blue jeans, and chain smoking marlboro reds? Rhetorical question but I ask myself it alot when I see something I just must have.

Personally no...Three guys I know swear by it. I am going to give it a shot soon.

How did the old timers kill anything with red flannel, blue jeans, and chain smoking marlboro reds? Rhetorical question but I ask myself it alot when I see something I just must have.

In my experience, things were different back then. They didn't get a lot of deer during deer season. But everyone had a rifle in their truck, and they took a deer whenever the freezer was running low and an opportunity to refill it presented itself.

They sat still and covered their scent with smoke!

On a more serious note, I hope to be retiring in a year or so. One of my goals is to graduate to a recurve or stick bow. I'm hoping that with more time to practice, I can become confident enough to hunt with one. If I can harvest one deer with one of these without losing any deer, it will surpass all of my hunting accomplishments except perhaps introducing kids to hunting and watching their faces during their first harvest!

Little pricey.....but I spend roughly the same amount on scent control clothes and I'm not toally convinced they work as well as advertised either.....

What they need is an activated carbon woven in this HECS design in a great campo pattern! You would be invisible from sight and smell and electro-magnetically as well.......you may just get stepped on!

On a more serious note, I hope to be retiring in a year or so. One of my goals is to graduate to a recurve or stick bow. I'm hoping that with more time to practice, I can become confident enough!

That’s funny right there!

Jack, bookmark this and a year after you retire come back and read it. You’ll be so darn busy you won’t have time to think about that recurve.