Heck with Syria

Bill

Administrator
Yea it's all over the news and I don't know yet how I feel about it.

But the big news is the Supreme Court was saved for gun owners today.

The only reason I voted for T was just seen through.

Hope Trump doesn't become a failure but selfishly I got what I wanted. Any other positive will just be icing on the cake.

I'd rather see them working on Jobs, taxes, HC, making America Great over the Mid East desert but I can't have everything at once.

To be honest, I never feared losing my guns no matter who won the White House. That argument's been going on since the early 80's. A few tougher restrictions on felons, and those being watched / suspected of being involved with terror groups, or mental cases didn't bother me. Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable having a mental case or a convicted felon or a suspected terrorist moving into my neighborhood and loading up on guns, powder, fertilizer, diesel fuel, etc.

As for Syria - I don't know if anyone on the planet can solve the Middle East's problems. Too many factions have been at war and killing each other for thousands of years. It always starts with religious beliefs / differences, and then add strong-man dictators to the picture. No Ward and June Clever with picket fences happening over there. Just death.

we need to make jail/ prison a better deterrent to crime.......... bring back hard time, stop treating criminals better than we treat our veterans! dang prisoners live it up on the inseide, maybe not so tough on first timers, but let em know what the inside is like, and how much better it is to stay on the other side of the walls. three hots and a cot, ok, but sometime they pick 3 out of those 4 options...... no more friendly sleeping withthe same room mate, switch em up maybe then they figure to be a little more courteous towards others, they never know who they might be bunking with next. criminals are ruining what we work for.

I know locally they interviewed some Syrians that had moved here decades ago and they supported the bombing and talked about how many relatives they had lost due to the current Syrian government

I'm glad we reacted. The world needs to know we mean what we say.

For the last 8 years our allies didn't trust us and our enemies didn't fear us.

I'm not a war monger, but we can't draw a line only to take back what we said. If you purposefully kill innocent kids, I think you deserve to die.

I don't believe we should ever put boots on the ground in a conflict we don't have a clear plan to WIN. Not dance around, leave our big guns home, etc. etc.

It is only worth going into a conflict if it's important enough to our future that we are willing to fight to the end. That rule alone would keep us out of 99% of the camel humper wars.

Trump is a handful, but he's our handful for the next 4 years.

-John

It was very surprising and a complete 180 from the limp wristed foreign policy of the last eight years.
It definitely made a statement and got the attention of the world that the USA is back and taking names. It wasn't too much it wasn't too little, whomever put the missile strike plan together did it perfectly.
I don't think there is any need for us to get involved in another war or anything but we as a nation cannot sit back and watch innocent children being gassed. I for one have no issue whatsoever paying more taxes to see our military built up and kept strong.

I'm still waiting for the one campaign promise he hasn't touched yet to be followed through on....investigate the Clintons to the full extent of the law!

I liked the CONCEPT of leading from behind, being a proportionally smaller player in terms of resources, boots on the ground, etc,etc, and allowing our allies to be a proportionally more accountable for what is necessary around the globe. The problem is we did just that- decided to lead from behind while allowing, not forcing our allies to expand their roles- we needed to be less aggressive players, and much, much more aggresssive partners with our allies- we sanction the heck out North Korea, Iraq, etc, etc, etc, this that and the other one for thier actions and allow our allies to ride our backs into conflict after conflict- we should have aggressively laid our our policy and done what it took to drag some of these countries to the fore front of foreign involvement over the years- time to be as demanding on our allies as we are on our enemies..... I thought it was a worthy concept, but poorly, very poorly implimented.