All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

He did it AGAIN!

Bill

Administrator
So my son only gets a few days a year to hunt being in school. Last year we decided to stay until the morning after thanksgiving.
I told him thanksgiving morning would be his last hunt because we needed to close shop and leave early.

At the last minute I decided to let him hunt thanksgiving afternoon and he killed a high tight cross beam buck. Screwed my night up.

This year I was smarter than last. Got him on stand in the AM and started closing shop at 6:00 AM this morning.

He wasn't going to hunt this afternoon because of the stress of last year. I told him go ahead, screw up my night...
But it didn't this time because I was ready.

This buck showed up last winter with a high tight rack similar to the one he killed thanksgiving afternoon 2017.
We named him "The Replacement"

Here is one of the last trail cam pics of him. Stand is 10 yards right and 15 yards behind the deer offering a 15 yard broadside shot.
image.jpeg

Oops, he's running off with and arrow through both lungs.

image.jpeg

Son, I told you to stay in the stand for 30 minutes, not 10!

image.jpeg

Happy camper. This kids future wife is going to hate thanksgiving day. Because he won't be at the dinner table...
image.pngimage.png

Porker!
Live weight
image.png

Last edited:
Congrats to you both!

Bill that’s just awesome. He is a chip off the old block and that deer is beautiful. I can’t help but think of the Hank Junior song, Family Tradition.

It's been a good Thanksgiving in Northern MO. I killed the triple drop tine buck I've been playing with since 2014.

Congrats.

That rubbing tree looks heavily used. Sticks out like a turd in a punch bowl

It's been a good Thanksgiving in Northern MO. I killed the triple drop tine buck I've been playing with since 2014.

That buck was awesome 2 years ago. He must be a beast..

That's awesome! Congrats

Congratulations!!! Great Deer.

Congrats to you and your son. Pretty cool to get the pics as it was happening.

Congratulations and great buck for your son!

congrats on great buck and thanks for sharing

Nice big rocking chair racked buck! Congrats to you both!

Awesome! I’m hoping to be involved in stories like this with my son some day. He’s only 1 so we have some time to go...but very excited for you both. Congrats!

Well done! Thats a great buck! Youre lucky you get to be doing that together!

Bill I think you need to invite Bueller over. He’s not seeing anything !

Thanks everyone. Sorry for response delay. A day traveling and I've been gone so long the honey do list is overwhelming.

He's still all smiles.

Bill I think you need to invite Bueller over. He’s not seeing anything !

I'm routing for Bueller. He's on a specific mission and only needs to see "one" deer.

Bueller has gone MIA since Tuesday I think he’s lost :emoji_thinking:

Congrats to your boy! That's a good buck

Congrats to your son on a beautiful buck.