Habitat Talk's October 2018 Trail Cam Photo Contest

bueller

1. Photos submitted for the contest must have been taken by a trail camera during the current month or the month prior. Example= To be eligible for the July 2018 contest, the photo must have been taken with a trail camera during June or July of 2018.
  2. Photos must be submitted on or before the last day of the month for the contest to be eligible. Example= July 31st is the last day to enter a photo in the July contest.
  3. The winner is decided by the photo that receives the most "likes", counted on the 10th day after the end of the month. Example= Photo with the most "likes" on August 10th is the winner of the July contest. In the event of a tie the photo that was posted first will be deemed the winner.
  4. Members can submit up to 5 photos per contest (one photo per post), however no photo can be submitted into more than one contest.
  5. Members can "like" as many photos as they wish. (Participation is key to this working. Don't wait until the end of the month to vote for a winner, "like" photos as they are posted if you like them).
  6. Categories and prizes to be announced on a monthly basis.
  7. Any and all disputes or questionable entries will be reviewed by Admin and handled accordingly.
October is here. It's getting closer. Let's see some if we can get some nice bucks posted here AND in the successful hunts forum!

2CGV1AGh.jpg

Wish I had a nice buck pic to share, but still waiting for a nice one to show post-velvet... so instead sharing a snapshot pull from a video I got of a black coyote.

Happy it captured the eyes fairly well, as the contrast between the yellow eyes and black fur always strike me as a bit creepy.

Black Coyote.jpg

I know this doesn't compare to the bucks everyone else sees, but keep in mind that I only own 5 acres, with only 1.5 acres accessible to deer.
FB_IMG_1539040017799.jpg

I know this doesn't compare to the bucks everyone else sees, but keep in mind that I only own 5 acres, with only 1.5 acres accessible to deer.
View attachment 20906

I’m a strong proponent of only shooting the best deer your area has. If that’s a fork horn....”shoot it”
Nothing wrong with that guy at all. Especially on 5 acres!

Wish I had a nice buck pic to share, but still waiting for a nice one to show post-velvet... so instead sharing a snapshot pull from a video I got of a black coyote.

Happy it captured the eyes fairly well, as the contrast between the yellow eyes and black fur always strike me as a bit creepy.

View attachment 20895
That’s just creepy....kill it!

This is the Freak (on the right) and the Wide "8". The Freak is a 6.5 year buck that I have watched for 5 years with his very distinctive wide left side and 14" right palmated side. He has a double chest white patch. At this time of year we start calling him Fat Albert. He is probably pushing 300-325 lbs weight and is still bulking up. He calls our place home and is definetly the Monarch of the bunch. When he walks into a crowd I have seen 2.5 & 3.5 years move away pretty quickly.

To give some perspective, the wide 8 pt on the left is a 4.5 year old and his rack is approaching 20" wide. Saw him this past weekend just out of bow range and he is a big deer also.

I see the 2 together hanging out a lot and are currently enjoying the bean field, but are soon to be competing for the ladies.

That is a doe behind him for perspective ...

Last edited:
^^^Alberts a horse

buckdeer1, which model camera is that? How are the night pictures? I have the Trek and am not impressed with the night time shots at all. It is about the same as my 10 year old Attach.

I have been in contact with them and will be sending them a sampling of my pictures after the season is over. I did have to flash my old Attach and that fixed poor night shots.

I don't remember for sure it was their cheapest one.My first just quit taking pictures.The camera I have been buying is the moultrie 50 the moultrie pic above is from I believe and 880.I wasn't impressed with night or early morning pics from the exodus either.This little mowed out area of corn field is where my daughter shot a buck that was at least 5.5 a couple weeks ago with a ML.I now have a redneck gillie on a hay trailer set up and this will be where I decoy in a couple weeks.I left just enough standing corn they will have to come look.I have since broadcasted wheat in it