Habitat Talk's August 2018 Trail Cam Photo Contest

I just realized my submitted pic was from July! Whoops sorry
I get a lil goofy after looking through thousands of cam pics

I just realized my submitted pic was from July! Whoops sorry
I get a lil goofy after looking through thousands of cam pics
July is good Jordan. Some of us don't get to check our cameras often so any photo from the current or previous month is eligible.

Drought stricken weeded out clover plot is getting a lil attention from everybody

That looks just like my clover!

These guys are not contenders for the biggest deer on the forum but for me, this is total affirmation I am heading in the right direction. I got 1 picture of 1 buck my first year on my land.

Terrible pix but oh well E91ABBB5-6C96-4756-8FB2-4B338E18524A.jpeg55F3DCB2-7E1B-4E12-B6D5-5D484C73E93C.jpeg

These guys are by far the biggest racks I have seen on my camera.

Hopefully it's a response to your habitat improvements and not just a couple lucky bucks that didn't get mowed down last year.

That looks just like my clover!
My home has been pounded with good rains all summer. Farm is just 60 miles south and it is dry as a popcorn fart! Got hit with some pretty good rains this wk though. Timing was good as I just mowed the clover plots Wed.
You planting any fall plots Bill?

Dont get many daytime pics especially in the heat of this time of year. Nothing especially artistic but a handsome fellaIMG_0007.JPG

My home has been pounded with good rains all summer. Farm is just 60 miles south and it is dry as a popcorn fart! Got hit with some pretty good rains this wk though. Timing was good as I just mowed the clover plots Wed.
You planting any fall plots Bill?

I put in 4- 1 acre plots of brassica's and light red clover mixed on August 6. We got 1.5 inches on the 7th and they germinated. Got about 1/2 inch 8 days later, just this Tuesday night. Hopefully they take off. Brassica's are pretty drought resistant. Weather man says 90% chance of rain Monday so I may hit the lottery if the brassica beetles don't show up.......

Wishful thinking in my part. I've got about a 25% success rate with brassica's because of dry Augusts and Septembers.

Also sprayed off another acre for rye and plan to plant it and broadcast rye into the beans in sept. I always over do fall hoping something is green!

Hopefully it's a response to your habitat improvements and not just a couple lucky bucks that didn't get mowed down last year.

Yeah I’m hopeful it’s my improvements. I have lots of trees and shrubs I’ve planted but are not mature enough to start producing.

Right now the only thing I know I’m offering that neighbors land doesn’t is thick cover. Hinge and TSI to just let sunlight in.

I’ve seen a steady progression of deer usage and visits over the last 4 years. I can’t wait for planting’s to start to produce.

Not sure if this counts or not since its a video..... Fawn chasing a squirrel around the salt block..... Came from my cam pull over the weekend

Last edited: