Ground still frozen

Peeps

5 year old buck +
I was up at my place with my son turkey hunting Saturday and Sunday. There was still patchy snow in my fields and they were frozen solid except the top 1/2 inch where the sun was hitting. Forecast shows highs in the mid 50’s to mid 60’s with lows staying just above freezing thru the weekend. Any guesses as to when it will unthaw enough for tree planting hole digging. I’m thinking I may be good to go on Monday or Tuesday.

I'm praying by Saturday. Had planned on last week. Luckily the rental tree Planter was available for a day this coming weekend. I've got to many trees to plant by hand

I am picking up my trees Friday night and heading to the farm. I am hoping I can get them in. The top 6-8" was thawed last weekend in most spots where it was snow covered and frozen the weekend before.

My 8" auger works well!

I am picking up my trees Friday night and heading to the farm. I am hoping I can get them in. The top 6-8" was thawed last weekend in most spots where it was snow covered and frozen the weekend before.
Are you planting plugs or bare-root? I'm headed up this weekend but am going to wait a week before I pick up my tree plugs at NCR. I'm thinking it could be a couple weeks before apple trees can be planted. Next week looks like decent temps but still pretty cool at night.

Neighbors went from snowmobiling to four wheelers in one week.

I won’t plant for at least a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neighbors went from snowmobiling to four wheelers in one week.

I won’t plant for at least a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They must be tearing stuff up. My kids played on their wheelers last year rt when the frost was coming out and I wasn’t up there to regulate. I was smoothing out big ruts for months. But they sure had fun muddin :)