All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GRIN/USA Announcement

buckvelvet

5 year old buck +
I'm unclear if this is important or not.

GRIN_ANNOUNCE.jpg

I have noticed some wonky stuff going on with their website lately. Site was down a few times I tried to access it in recent weeks, links on the site didn't work properly, etc. Doesn't seem like "possible upcoming budget cuts" would have had anything to do with stuff that was happening before Trump got in, so I doubt it was that?

I did download the latest catalog just incase they do 'away' with that access.

Could this mean an end to the general public being shut out of access to the GRIN programs / scions ?? Only the scientific community gets access ?? Or maybe an end to the GRIN program entirely ??

Time will tell but there is often a period of uncertainty with a new administration. Likely just a blanket "hold everything" until the new AG secretary is in place, reviews things, and gives the order to carry on.

^ This is probably the case. There is a federal hiring freeze which depending on the size of the organization could have impact.

Don't take my government handout scions away from me, i'll shed many, many a tear. :)

I hope this years scions will be shipped.

Our government is in debt. If it needs to be cut, then let it be so.

Honestly, the information on the website is the most valuable thing they have. Scions(and other items) can be had from other sources for many(not all) of the varieties they have information on. Finding what you are looking for all in one place is a huge bonus.