All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good looking young prospect moved in

Native Hunter

5 year old buck +
Deer has moved in since gun season ended.

Haven't got a decent pic of him yet, but looks 2.5 to me with a solid start on a nice rack. What's your thoughts?

If he ends up being 2.5, that is a very nice start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know they say don't base age on antler but the antler lead me more to 3.5

He does have long legs though

3.5 would be my vote ==

2.5 or 3.5 he's still a nice looking younger buck.

Thanks fellows. Could be 3.5 like some of you said. Really hard to tell in post rut. I found one more pic in the bunch. Sure is a small and skinny little body:

Wow, my guess would be 3.5. BUT, I am envious of the middle of the country being able to provide that quality of buck at that young of an age. Good for you for providing the things to get them there.

Wow, my guess would be 3.5. BUT, I am envious of the middle of the country being able to provide that quality of buck at that young of an age. Good for you for providing the things to get them there.

Thanks. We see both good and bad genetics here. I think it stems from the fact that in my area deer were once extinct and were restocked. I would love to know all the places that deer came from when they were stocked.

Some bucks run off a ton of weight when rutting hard. It may be a 3.5 yr. old that's played out. You have the groceries there to build him back up, Native !! I hope he calls your place home. FEED BAG ..... ON !!