Golden hornet fruit color

Where can you find GH?

Blue Hill had them last year. If you graft I will have scion this winter.

I didn't realize how small the GH apples were. I was thinking that they would get quarter sized....the ones I checked out yesterday on a tree I planted last spring for my uncle looked to be about the size of a flowering crab?

I didn't realize how small the GH apples were. I was thinking that they would get quarter sized....the ones I checked out yesterday on a tree I planted last spring for my uncle looked to be about the size of a flowering crab?

For me, they are just borderline on flowering versus larger. Very similar to dolgo in size.

The deer did use mine during late winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My GH with first fruit is almost one inch. The tree that has fruited a few years is about 1/4 inch smaller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine are about the size of a big marble. Just about a quarter I’d say. Definitely bigger than a flowering crab.

GH are very showy, mine are about the size of nickels and if not eaten will hang into spring. I've got a few grafted to M111 I'm putting out this fall.

f14Vozc.png