All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Golden hornet/dolgo

Neahawg

5 year old buck +
Anyone have any extra scions of these got two extra rootstocks and would like to add them.

I have Dolgo. PM me your mailing address.

Will do thanks!

Wow. New guy joins forum and within 2 hours of his first post asking for scions a member answers his call. Very generous of you greyphase! Neahawg, care to tell us a little about yourself and your trees?

I'll try and get some pics up next time I head up there. I don't much that is older then two or three years so not many apples as of yet. Grow a lot of old southern varieties especially anything I can find that originated out of Arkansas. I have every variety I know for sure is out with exception of Collins also goes by the name champion. I have a few tree I picked up from Lowe's/home depot on sale but most of our trees are on b118/anatova with a few m111 sprinkled in.
This year's grafts.
Ashmeads kernel
Ribston Pippin
Hewes crab
Wolf river
Bramley's seedling
Springfield
Warren pear
Seckel pear
And old later dropping pear a friend of mine has on his property says his grandpa ate pears off it when he was a kid.

I can help with neahawg's apple list since it's mine too. Beach, Cauley, ginger gold, Roxbury Russet, Anna, Gold Rush, Wilson's Red June, Enterprise, Captain Davis, Coffelt Beauty, Golden Russet, Red Free, Winesap, Arkansas Black, Arkcharm, Arkansas Sweet, Horse, Yates, Pink Lady, Benham, Mammoth Black Twig, Reasor Green, Monark, Black Ben Davis, Early Pippin, Dayton, William's Pride, Freedom, Gala, Shannon Pippin. I have Fox, Meyer's royal limbertwig, senator, springdale, Stein, king David, Carter's blue, to bench graft when my b 118's get in tomorrow. Think that's all of them. Oh and thanks greyphase! Guess we can add dolgo to the list.

Last edited:
Correction one variety I listed as Springfield that was a auto correct mistake its actually springdale

That's a nice bunch of southern apples you guys have started there.

Welcome to the forum guys.

Thanks to both of you. We've really just got started, the oldest trees are three now, but we've got high hopes. I don't know if many of our varieties will do well up up north, but you all can have scion wood off anything we have next year. Maybe some of the summer apples would work. I saw where the u of Minnesota crossed honeycrisp and monark for an earlier ripening apple.