Glyphosate and Seeding Same Day?

mtholton

5 year old buck +
Hi All,

I've sprayed a 1/3 acre food plot a couple times this year and have knocked everything back to just dirt in most places. There are a few spots that have been missed or need some extra work and on the edges etc. Due to time constraints I need to either spray and plant same day (I can spend the day to let it dry). Or I can just use atv harrow drag to run over remaining vegetation and then seed. Is there any downside to spraying and planting the same day? I'll just be broadcasting clover and oats as a nurse crop with no other equipment available. Located in west central WI. Thanks as always for the feedback.

Go for it. Gly only affects green growth directly sprayed and wont hurt the plot seed. Gly in the soil wont affect anything that sprouts later.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I agree - seed and spray, spray and seed - makes no difference.

No problem doing both in the same day, but I like to broadcast 1st, then spray.
I figure that when the seed is down before spraying, then I will get a little better seed-to-soil contact when I'm running it over during the spraying process.

Weather might come into play, though.
If rain is on the way or it may get windy (creating spray drift), I might spray 1st in order to get it done.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
^^^^
Yep what they all said..

Hi All,

I've sprayed a 1/3 acre food plot a couple times this year and have knocked everything back to just dirt in most places. There are a few spots that have been missed or need some extra work and on the edges etc. Due to time constraints I need to either spray and plant same day (I can spend the day to let it dry). Or I can just use atv harrow drag to run over remaining vegetation and then seed. Is there any downside to spraying and planting the same day? I'll just be broadcasting clover and oats as a nurse crop with no other equipment available. Located in west central WI. Thanks as always for the feedback.

I just did mine today. I ran the broadcast spreader first to distribute the seed and then hooked up the sprayer and started spraying. I like to surface broadcast the seed first. The tractor tires kind of act as a cultipacker pressing seed in to the ground when I spray. It is not the same as using a cultipacker, but it is helpful. I do it just like Tap.

Thanks,

Jack

Thanks all for the for the help. Sprayed and planted yesterday.
27a2147f2a9d45a601ed0879aa878e26.jpg
1c2e1db860f949d5c32d1ed3bab3bde0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk