All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

found while out and about!

MRBB

5 year old buck +
was out on SUnday for a atv ride and then some hiking, and found this
seems like something got a fawn
I think I must have got too close to what ever had it and spooked it into dropping it, as it was as fresh as could be , blood still wet and all on it
lots of bears and coyotes here as well as other things, so no clue what got it
Poor little sucker never made it long in its life, , sadly,
but in nature, one critters death, helps another's life go on!

Attachments

• fawn leg.jpg
    fawn leg.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 69
Poor guy. I know it happens and we shoot them when they grow up, but....

I saw a fawn on the side of the highway walking yesterday. Thought it was very weird since he looked a couple days old. Looked up from fawn and there is mom splatted all over the road. He is not looking at a good ending.

I found this a couple weeks ago in Iowa.
Just the head. No other signs of other parts laying nearby. I've never seen anything like this before.

45d4b826c094361377d5545e4e8b3655.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I found this a couple weeks ago in Iowa.
Just the head. No other signs of other parts laying nearby. I've never seen anything like this before.

45d4b826c094361377d5545e4e8b3655.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

the no hair on side of head, makes me wonder if it was a a road kill and something carried off its head?

and yes its hard to see any young things get killed or not have a fair shot at making it to a older age.
even as hunters I am sure we all feel this way or most do!

I hit one with the rotary mower last night, makes me sick but it's certainly not the first.

I hit one with the rotary mower last night, makes me sick but it's certainly not the first.
ouch, that sucks
I did that once with a farm cat
I was super suprised, I thought an adult cat would have been out of there way before I got near things
but must have been on life # 9 that day as, it didn;t see #10!
poor cat!, was the farmers fav cat too, but they knew wasn;t my fault!

Had a sheriff dept. come out and put down a young doe this morning that apparently was struck by a vehicle last night. Entire bottom of left leg was mangled; very sad but it happens.