Flat wore out

Boll Weevil

5 year old buck +
I planted trees for 7 hours yesterday and my muscles have honestly felt better after a 1/2 marathon. Cherry bark and red oak, poplar, and mulberry. Maybe somebody 80 years down the road will be grateful! Anyone else got any tree planting planned in the next couple of months? If you do make sure you got a heating pad and Advil on hand just for good measure. :)

I have felt your pain. Good that you got it done!

I planted trees for 7 hours yesterday and my muscles have honestly felt better after a 1/2 marathon. Cherry bark and red oak, poplar, and mulberry. Maybe somebody 80 years down the road will be grateful! Anyone else got any tree planting planned in the next couple of months? If you do make sure you got a heating pad and Advil on hand just for good measure. :)

Did you have help?
Bare root or container?
Dibble,shovel,tree spade?

Nice work!!!!!!!

bill

Had family helping which made the work go faster, was generally more enjoyable, and gave everyone some much needed time outdoors. Bareroot, no container, shovel to open a trench, set each sapling, and boot/heel to close.

6.jpg

We'll be shoveling snow for the next 3 months ... :emoji_frowning2:

Last edited:
That’s too many at one time. Been there done that. Won’t ever do it again..

Would take a jack hammer to plant anything in my rock hard frozen clay today!

Where are you planting trees?

What kind of temps lately, we are flying to Nashville in 10 days!

That mant we usually use a pull behind tree planter, but have done it with 3 guys with dibble bars 3 kids behind them dropping trees and 3 behind them packing.Does 3 rows at a time.I am planting mine this year moving them with a front loader tree spade.Good job on the saplings.By the way that 3 row planting was almost 20 years ago and they have been producing for 10-15 years.Planted 300 trees and shrubs in 2 days