All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First hunt

chickenlittle

5 year old buck +
I took my 4yr old daughter along for a couple hours in our box blind on Saturday. Saw 8 deer. I never opened the windows or put a shell in my gun. Good start. One photo shows her looking out the window at a button buck.20161203_142404.jpg20161203_143637.jpg

That is awesome

That's just the BEST! I hope you're her hero too.

Good job taking your kid with you. Get them involved early and make it fun. My Dad always used to say if the kids are hunting you don't have to go hunting for the kids. Cool pics as well.

Crayons and potato chips, what's there not to like about that.

Nice job, good memories there.

Crayons and potato chips, what's there not to like about that.
She told Grammy she had a great time and there were lots of snacks.

She was very excited about it and asking how old she needs to be to be to shoot and hunt. I look forward to her and her little sister becoming great outdoorswomen. But I also need to temper my enthusiasm. I want to keep it fun and low key and me be patient. But I am looking at the new Howa mini action chambered in 6.5 Grendel for her first deer rifle.

Very good program, Dad !! Stow those pix for the future. Snacks are GOLD for kids !!

great memories made, you got her on the right track, thanks for sharing

What a great way to spend the afternoon. Can not wait to get my little man in the stand with me.