Finishing up harvest, now time to hunt!

M

MoBuckChaser

Wrapping up the last field today I hope. We notill so I have no fall tillage to do. Just. Broadcast some fertilizer. And I am taking a month off to hunt! Man what a good feeling!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for you! Have fun and keep us posted.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Wish my neighbor would start working on his beans, and then his corn.

Good luck.
I'm about 2 weeks behind you in getting out there.

Looking forward to the videos.

I was lucky and had a safe harvest, my 38th. Two people, a father and a son, farm down by Jordan MN were not so lucky. Both were moving a grain auger from one bin to the next when it contacted a power line. Both died. Not a good day for that family!

Good luck.

I have some equipment to clean up for a couple days and I am heading south! The Barracuda is going to have to drive 400 miles for conjugal visits for the next month! LOL

I was lucky and had a safe harvest, my 38th. Two people, a father and a son, farm down by Jordan MN were not so lucky. Both were moving a grain auger from one bin to the next when it contacted a power line. Both died. Not a good day for that family!
Dang that's sad:/

Dang that's sad:/

It is sad, the guy was 53, his son was 25.

Farmers get in a hurry, and bad things happen. I know several people that have had freak accidents. It just happens......

MO is that a Case your driving? Have fun down south. That's too bad about your neighbor.

MO is that a Case your driving? Have fun down south. That's too bad about your neighbor.

Yep, Case 2090. Cheap power with air and a stereo! LOL

Nothing wrong with Case. I always liked them.

Good luck!

4 day hunt over Halloween weekend then back for my rut hunt on 11/5 through the first 4 days of gun season. Can't wait!

4 day hunt over Halloween weekend then back for my rut hunt on 11/5 through the first 4 days of gun season. Can't wait!

You might as well just blow off the 5 days in between and stay. :D

Good luck.

I just picked up the Bowpix mount and a Sony camera similar to his. Hopefully I figure it out like he has....

I just picked up the Bowpix mount and a Sony camera similar to his. Hopefully I figure it out like he has....

Sweet! Have you practiced with it yet?

Practiced shooting, or practiced filming? I did shoot it a couple times. Not as heavy as my stabilizer, but centered up, it shoots same. Any advice?

Practiced shooting, or practiced filming? I did shoot it a couple times. Not as heavy as my stabilizer, but centered up, it shoots same. Any advice?

I find it doesn't change my shooting one bit from the stabilizer. So shooting the bow with the camera mounted on the center hole on the bowpix mount works just fine.

As far as filming goes, I only film the bucks I am not going to shoot at with a few exceptions that is. I just don't want to be dicking around with the camera in a hurry when a buck is bearing down on me. I have tried to film, for me it just doesn't work when trying to line up a shot. And if you do choose to film while trying to shoot. the camera microphone makes your shot sound like the bow flew apart. Plus, when you release the arrow, you will naturally be off target after the shot, resulting in a poor video. But the biggest thing I learned is do not zoom in too close to the deer. leave a 1/2" of space around the deer in the viewing screen at all times if possible. Also, zoom in and out slowly if possible, too fast and it makes the video hard to watch. Good luck, can't wait for your first video!

I find it doesn't change my shooting one bit from the stabilizer. So shooting the bow with the camera mounted on the center hole on the bowpix mount works just fine.

As far as filming goes, I only film the bucks I am not going to shoot at with a few exceptions that is. I just don't want to be dicking around with the camera in a hurry when a buck is bearing down on me. I have tried to film, for me it just doesn't work when trying to line up a shot. And if you do choose to film while trying to shoot. the camera microphone makes your shot sound like the bow flew apart. Plus, when you release the arrow, you will naturally be off target after the shot, resulting in a poor video. But the biggest thing I learned is do not zoom in too close to the deer. leave a 1/2" of space around the deer in the viewing screen at all times if possible. Also, zoom in and out slowly if possible, too fast and it makes the video hard to watch. Good luck, can't wait for your first video!

Good advice, I'll remember about the zoom. Mine is a Sony HDR-CX405. There is an app or something that you can use to download video, and even control the camera with your phone, like a remote. I don't think I'll need that filming deer, but might be cool on a tripod out in the turk decoys. I think I'll have an easier time learning to film than I will figuring out how to download and share videos. How do you do it?