Favorite ladder stand

The Millennium Buck Hut comes with a very sturdy tower. I also added the small platform to the ladder. Which I love. Can clean your boots off before entering and safer on exit after dark. They can be ordered from Millennium and were free shipping when I got mine. Great value.

Not questioning… we’re dealers and this is right from the Millennium site:

6b3f89054a66a13020e8c6b2be2ef71b.jpg

They have to be shipped freight and I know there’s no way we could ship for free…. We do ship but it’s often a few hundred $$$….

They are very popular and many of our customers come back to add more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was talking about the ladder platform and yes I bought one with free shipping for $60. We all know your a dealer by now.

Ah… thanks… I misunderstood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bought a 21 foot Hawk Denali @ Menards for a very reasonable price.

I know it's expensive but Novix just came out with a ladder stand. I don't have one, as I generally hunt from hang on stands. I have several Lone Wolf stands (before they became Novix), I like the lightweight aluminum, the quietest stands I've ever owned, and made in the USA. That being said, they are always spendy.

I know it's expensive but Novix just came out with a ladder stand. I don't have one, as I generally hunt from hang on stands. I have several Lone Wolf stands (before they became Novix), I like the lightweight aluminum, the quietest stands I've ever owned, and made in the USA. That being said, they are always spendy.

I just just checked out the Novix ladder stand. Can't even imagine spending $800 on something so minimalistic...and seemingly uncomfortable. No backrest. No armrests. Looks like a small platform. Am I missing something?

I just just checked out the Novix ladder stand. Can't even imagine spending $800 on something so minimalistic...and seemingly uncomfortable. No backrest. No armrests. Looks like a small platform. Am I missing something?
Like I mentioned twice in my post, they're expensive.
Things that are truly made in the USA aren't cheap, generally speaking. I don't own one, but I also haven't hunted from a ladder stand in 4 years.

I have several of their hang ons and their alpha climber. They damn sure werent built for comfort. But being mobile, I haven’t found a better one yet. If you add the footrest they are bare able. Ever since I started owning land I have bought more millenniums and less lone wolf/novix.

I have several of their hang ons and their alpha climber. They damn sure werent built for comfort. But being mobile, I haven’t found a better one yet. If you add the footrest they are bare able. Ever since I started owning land I have bought more millenniums and less lone wolf/novix.
I'm with you. I now have 6 millennium and 8 lone wolf's but I can't do an all day sit in the lone wolfs and all mine are equipped with the foot rests. They are the most silent tree stand I've ever owned but they are proud of their product.

I don’t believe my millennium hang on stands are made in the USA, but they sure are comfortable and I like that they come with a high quality safety rope.

ETA: having a high quality seat adds to the comfort of the lone wolf's, but that is an additional $70 and something I carry to the stands with me so the squirrels don't chew them up.

Like I mentioned twice in my post, they're expensive.
Things that are truly made in the USA aren't cheap, generally speaking. I don't own one, but I also haven't hunted from a ladder stand in 4 years.

Yeah, I caught it both times.

I fully get that Made in the USA can cost more and I always buy USA and support local mom and pops when I can. But $800 for a stand like that, just because it's made in the USA by veterans?

I agree with you about the Milleniums. I have 4 Monster 150's that I absolutely love. For ladder stands I use River's Edge Upper Cuts, but I am always looking for new and innovative stands that come along. That stand by Novix ain't it. Not for me at least.

I mentioned in this thread already, but I have had pretty good luck with the Big Game Hunter HD 1.5. I know Scheels has a sale every late summer and it looks like they just put it back on sale. For my mind, it is the best ladder stand for the money and Scheels is by far the cheapest for it. I just bought my 4th and decided to share in case anyone else is in the market for a new stand. https://www.scheels.com/p/big-game-the-hunter-hd-1.5-treestand/09797300248.html

Old thread I know, but I have to admit I’ve really liked the X-Stands (Duke 21’) I started buying a few years ago when this thread started. I have 5 of them now and the Mesh seats are holding up well. They’re comfortable enough for me for all day sits. (6’5” x 220#)

Not an expensive stand, but not cheap either (definitely not USA-made). Also not very easy to put together the first time…..took 4 beers, my entire living room floor, lots of cussing, skinned knuckles, dogs got yelled at, and about every tool I own. The second one was better.

They are Rock solid with their “jaws” wrapping the tree trunk ……and everything else ratcheted up tight. Way better than the old HS crap they replaced!!

I mentioned in this thread already, but I have had pretty good luck with the Big Game Hunter HD 1.5. I know Scheels has a sale every late summer and it looks like they just put it back on sale. For my mind, it is the best ladder stand for the money and Scheels is by far the cheapest for it. I just bought my 4th and decided to share in case anyone else is in the market for a new stand. https://www.scheels.com/p/big-game-the-hunter-hd-1.5-treestand/09797300248.html
I have 6 of these and I love them. I’m sure there are more expensive brands that are better but I feel these are the best value out there.

Had anyone hunted from the 22 foot Primal Mac Daddy ? I just bought one for $179 . It has good reviews!

Thanks...I just ordered one--L&M Fleet Supply had them on clearance for $219 with free shipping, so I'll give the Spector XT a try and compare it to the Big Buddy. I like the larger platform, which will be perfect for the oak grove that the blind will be servicing.

Here is a comparison: Big Buddy (Small Platform) Spector XT (Large Platform)
View attachment 50008View attachment 50010
By way of update, the Big Game Big Buddy stand is still doing great after 10 years. Other than an annual Scotch-Gard treatment, I’ve not had to do anything with the blind. The Spector XT is up in the oak grove and is working well. Both are comfortable ladder blinds that I would purchase again.