All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Enjoying the Moment

5 year old buck +
A reminder all to enjoy the moment as habitat managers.

While I am itching to get into the blinds and go hunting, time has not allowed me to get out in the field, nor will it for a couple of weeks. However, this evening I took a pile of apple cores my wife had discarded while drying apples out for the deer. While on the back 20, I decided to check out our persimmon tree, which is bearing fruit this year. While enjoying several end-of-season persimmons that were still clinging to the very top branches (procured via rope and hook), I heard a buck snort twice nearby. I then watched a doe run out of woods in front of me (caught on a game camera below). At the same time I enjoyed watching a white tail from the direction of the snort prance off the other way.

Despite the severe drought, a ridiculously busy schedule and a to-do list that seems a mile long, this evening reminded me of why we do what we do. I hope you too will enjoy the moment out in God's creation.

F533C8BC-1F5E-4E5D-AEC6-F550467CCDFD.jpeg