Enjoying giving back!

yoderjac

5 year old buck +
For many years, I was the lead hunter education instructor on a nearby military base. It took lots of time and effort trying to coordinate between the base, the state, instructors, students, etc. for muitple classes each year. As my QDM efforts at the farm grew over time, it became too much to keep up with. Last year, I stepped down as lead instructor and turned it over to one of my team. I continue to support the team as an instructor.

It has been wonderful. Rather than dealing with coordination, administration, can curriculum, I can simply show up, spend time teaching kids and other students. Our class this spring was a transition class, but in the class I'm teaching tomorrow I'll just be another instructor. I'm really looking forward to it!

For any of you experienced guys out there who have been blessed so much by our sport, I'd encourage you to volunteer with your state hunter education program if you haven't already. Even when I was the lead and dealing with admin and coordination, I enjoyed it. I'm sure I benefit as much from the kids as they benefit from me!

Thanks,

Jack

I really enjoyed the class. I really enjoy seeing the number of young ladies in the class. The classes we've taught in the last few years have had a much broader demographic balance than in the past. This is one of the encouraging things I see when I look toward the future of hunting.

It was so enjoyable showing up, working directly with the students teaching my assigned sections, and calling it a day! I'll be back to my activities on the farm on Monday.

Thanks,

Jack