All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dry dry dry...

Right'on Turkish!

Right there with you Davidhelmly... out of curiosity I looked up our weather history just now and if doing the math right it's been 95 days since my place saw enough rain to actually get the ground wet.

On the flip side of things, if I were retired and could stay at home all day I could be putting a BIG hurting on the local feral hog population... brutally hot, dry weather has multiple sounders visiting my pond every day so they can cool off in wallows they're dug in the shade of my dock. Problem is I'm so busy between office and yard work when home I'm watching them while working more than I am shooting at them.
bb, hopefully you have gotten some rain as of late. We actually got .7" about 4 days ago and 4.2" yesterday so I'm glad I got everything planted on Thur and Fri!!

bb, hopefully you have gotten some rain as of late. We actually got .7" about 4 days ago and 4.2" yesterday so I'm glad I got everything planted on Thur and Fri!!
DID finally get some rain, Davidhelmy! And honestly just about perfect amount -- nothing too heavy on our end. Despite TS Nestor making supposed landfall just over us, things were far more wet to the west of us (and then up through GA and the Carolinas). Around Tallahassee I think we got maybe an inch or so of nice on and off drizzling rain, and that on the heels of a couple of inches that fell earlier in the week. Managed to get a couple of spots planted but still have a few acres to go when things dry up just enough for me to finish seeding.